This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

zombieqtr

Weather effects?

11 posts in this topic

Weather system test.

Full sky and weather system used (Please login or register to see this link. )

NOTE: The models you see placed on the terrain are not made by me, I simply created the scene and placed the props.

* The rain particles have a major performance overhead on the CPU. may not be worth it depending on your goals.

Feedback is appreciated

Edited by zombieqtr
2 people like this

Looks good, but there shouldn't be a major impact on performance with the rain. Make sure the rain only encapsulates the player at a radius of like 15 or so units and it should be ok

1 person likes this

@OcularCash Actually thats not a bad idea!, Thank you man that should provide a big performance boost since now rain particles drop all over the place.

Much appreciated.

is the terrain made by you or from assetstore? if from assetstore whats its name?

@BTEK The terrain was generated using Gaia, The models can be found on the asset store, Nature pack, military pack, I just hand pained the grass and placed the objects.

Now this looks pretty cool actually. The environment, the animations, the post processing, and of course the weather.

Only one thing though, not particularly for the weather: You should remove the pitch black areas. It is annoying and doesn't fit into the scene. Dark areas shouldn't be completely black, more like dark grey.

1 person likes this

@UnityGamesRoland Yes!, I agree those black areas really ruin the look, I've been trying everything but cant seem to get it fixed, I initially thought it was a lighting problem which it might be, I tried changing tint colors and removing realtime illumination docent help, Ill keep researching on this issue hopefully ill come up with a fix. Thanks for the feedback!

It could be because of the Environment Lighting is too dark. I usually change it from Skybox to Color, so that I have full control over the global lighting color.

Also, it might happen because of an image effect, probably color correction or something like that.

@UnityGamesRoland Haha!, it actually turned out to be the ambient color, it was set to skybox so I didnt have much control over that, I changed it to color then set it to a nice grey with high brightness and now its much better!. Thank you sincerely!