This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

So I've made MULTIPLE attempts to get a island map, made and finished but im having multiple difficulties getting that to happen as i would like, so i put that on "pause" and took some old base building assets (they were created for a open world zombie game but the idea was too large and didnt want to set myself up for failure) and just started making a map that would Test multiple mechanics in my game such as AI Path Finding, Weapon DMG, etc., I'm not to much worried about making other maps, my current focus will be to get the mechanics Complete and Finished FIRST, then work on other things such as more maps, Eventually I'm going to have to make another map to test vehicles so that's another HEADACHE I'm going to have to prepare for.

Info on the Map: As i said before this map is made to test the mechanics of the Player and AI, 5 floors in total, at the top of the map will be a button that unlocks the lower level for a period of time, the lower level will hold a power weapons (maybe a MGL or a Minigun , Whatever i decide to throw in I'm still deciding) the map is Mostly complete, whats left are the Ladders (for the holes you see on the 4 corners of the map, and some explosive barrels.

Let me know you comments or ideas you think would help benefit the map. HOPE YOU ENJOY !

Thoughts: Still havent thought of a name for the map, HECK I DONT EVEN HAVE A NAME FOR THE GAME LOL, Havent thought of developing the story, I dont even want to THINK about the headaches im going to have when i attempt to make a actual map BUT ITS A START

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 3

Looks pretty sweet actually. But try to add some reflection probes (Especially indoors) and maybe enable double sided shadows for the map if you can afford that performance wise.

You should decrease the shadow normal bias on the directional light to get rid of those shadow gaps. That bridge looks pretty cool though.