This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

EndangeredOX

Guided Missile Strike Kill Streak Script.

Question

So im going to summarize what i need help with. I am trying to copy a kill streak from Call of Duty "The Mortar Strike" but with changes. i Want the player to go to a station and spend theyre In-Game points they have earned (from kills and other tasks) to be able to use this kill streak. and instead of a mortar strike. It will be artillery strike from the battleships in the distance.

I would like to see someone write the script for me, but that takes time out of peoples lives, so Id like to learn if if possible.

I was hoping if someone can show me a video tutorial of someone making a script for this situation :/ that would really help

Please login or register to see this attachment.

6 answers to this question

I suggest you to not look up exactly what you are looking for, but parts of it. What I mean by this?

1. First of all, since the player has to move you need a player movement script.
  2. Then the player can go to the station right? So you have to check if the player is there. For beginners, the easiest way is to use triggers.
  3. If the player is there, you can use a particle system to simulate the artillery strike at a given position.

Idk how or if this is still going to work in unity 5 but the closest thing your going to get to call of duty killstreak examples is this: 

i posted it on my bday over 5 years ago when I was still pretty new to unity so a lot things were pretty hard coded and sloppy written but it did the job

Please login or register to see this quote.

I Think i maybe misunderstand what you mean, wouldnt this make the player control to ships ? if so i want them only to mark a location on the map for the ships to fire. 

in more detail: the player will go to a station, spend points to unlock a kill streak, using the kill streak will bring up a mini map on the screen where the player can mark the area where he wants the battleship to fire in.

Please login or register to see this quote.

ill look into this, Thank You , if anything ill see if i can change the script a bit to make it work (if thats possible)

It's just an example of killstreaks in general. What your describing would take weeks if not months to do. I don't think anyone is going to spend that kind of time to make you something for free. Your best bet to just to do the research, look at examples of killstreaks and go from there.

What your describing is multiple systems. Killstreak streak system, single killstreak, shop system, etc... it's not a 10 line piece of code. More 2000 lines of code spread out between multiple scripts

You want the end result - missiles to move with slight curve or straight top down? The top down version is extremely easy, try that first, if really you cant make it ill write it for you