This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
gallighan

Project MMO 2D - Concept UI

Posted (edited)

Hello mates,

Here is the interface of the project I'm working on. It may still change but that is the basic concept.

The project is being developed in unity, in the future I will create a topic showing the progress of this game.

mnM2TyYvQIGqGkYsgho31Q.png

• All panels are draggable
  • When equipping an item it changes the character look
  • All the design was made using free resources in the interface as well maps and character.
  • I need to adjust some border edges and image positions but that's basically it.

Suggestions are welcome, remembering that I am developing this project from scratch

@OcularCash Thanks for the tips. With your help I found a way and I was able to create a fully functional inventory system and  changes the look of the character and will be useful for other things like craft, skills (hotkeys), chests etc ...

seeya!.

Edited by gallighan
  • Like 3

this looks good, but is this Dark Souls in 2d? :P

looks good man. I guess I have short term memory loss bc I don't remember helping anyone with anyone with inventory lately, but either way, you did the heavy lifting so good work.

@Whyherro thanks man, I'm evolving the project every day and it's great when someone on the level of you and others here recognize it.

@OcularCash A while ago I created a topic questioning how I could do this and you gave some tips and even wrote a sample code, it was very important. Thanks

It looks nice and clean, maybe the item's description window is out of place but I like it.

Please login or register to see this quote.

Well, you have to have short term memory loss i guess :P

The post is a bit old, so it does not remember kkk,

Guys,, thanks for the support, your comments help me a lot. Soon I will post more progress on the project.

Bro, I am interested why you are making 2D not 3D MMO.

Don't you like 3D or you just don't have the time creating 3D models?

The project sure looks good, but if it was WoW like style I'd play it for sure. :d

• Like 1

I probably think it`s because the 3D MMO is mainstream and he wanted to create something that`s not many devs that have done :) And to try something new i guess :) 

+ If we was to make a WoW style game with would just hurt the game as people always say it`s a WoW clone.

To  Please login or register to see this link.

This project looking really good and i would love to try it some day!

Keep on going!

Nice to see some devs trying other things then the mainstream stuff

• Like 1

Mate i know that there are many of those MMO`s but what i mean is that people will just start saying he`s ripping off WoW or it is a WoW clone... Like i play WoW myself so i have nothing agaisnt it xD It`s just people always call things that look a bit like WoW a clone or rip off

You are right, but wont they say that his game is rip off from other game too?

Maybe they would but i don`t really know any 2D MMO that is really big... That`s why i think that there will be less people saying stuff like that.

I am sorry for my shitty english!

I've always like retro games, isometric style (2.5D, 3D) and also 2D games like zelda, final fantasy (snes), chrono trigger. I have already seen several 2D MMO games but my idea is to bring an open world game into graphics in that style. For example, 2D games always have a classic theme to kill some bosses, solve puzzle and save the princess but what I want is to go further, my idea is to create a game where you evolve your character the way you want and adventure in A giant 2D world with several unique maps, cities with different biomes etc. I have ideas that will bring unique systems for this style of play and an adventure totally different from the other 2D games. My idea is not to copy a game for example wow but to bring a sense of freedom to inside a 2D game. Logic that there will be basic systems like in any other MMO for example group system, pet, guild, pvp, pve, trade and so on. But soon I will post more advances of this project and I will explain and show my idea more clearly.

I really appreciate your support guys , here is a great community with extremely intelligent people and who make their own games and scripts, receiving support and praise from you is very important to me because it makes me believe in my ideas and move on.

• Like 3