This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Theantman

Alien Ant World: Recruiting

32 posts in this topic

Please login or register to see this quote.

Hi, I am a professional programmer that has worked on projects worth much more than 1 million dollars. I would say you should listen to what people are saying as many of them are trying to help you, not just telling them that what they say doesn't matter and saying that just because they have not worked on big budget games that they know nothing, as I can safely say that from what you have shown us, everyone who has commented here is better than you and your team.

You will get no where in life acting up just because someone does not like your game, especially when that person is trying to help you.

If at the end gameplay is there, i dont see the problem being successful on steam, graphics surely are not generic, but if its fun everything will be okay, good luck

2 people like this

This has a slight psychedelic touch to it. Trippy as $@#^!.

I totally respect and honor your vision, man. I really do - but I also would like to let you know (as I would tell anyone aspiring to create something awesome) that you have much work to do.

A few quick notes I'd like to make is, depending on how massive you're planning to make the game world, you need to know of a vital piece of information regarding level design.

After a certain point out there in the game scene straying away from the center origin point (0,0,0), you will run into floating point precision inaccuracies.

There are work-arounds to this, but for the most part I advise you look into solutions such as splitting the world into instances/separate scenes.

At the end of the day I truly do love what you have going here, even though it is incomplete in my eyes, your project gives off this energy that I felt back in the day as a kid playing 90s-2000 era games on console.

It is most definitely the art style which brings prominence to such a memory, however if you too have that same fragment within you as many carry within them, then I may wish to see this dream of yours to come to fruition.

Word of advice - stray from considering the project to be commercial. Do this for yourself. Do it for that part of you deep, deep down. You won't be disappointed. Good luck!

Changed from a cartoon style to more realistic cartoon style. Picture update.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Frostbite or Unreal Engine?

Posted (edited)

I am using the unity engine. I need custom realistic arm animations/weapon models for paid contract work, or per model work.  Kickofthecage@aol.com is my email for discussion if interested.

Edited by Theantman

Art can be whatever you want it to be, and this is an example of it. Sure the mechanics are a bit iffy but can become a great psychological game this game reminds of me LSD: Dream Emulator here is some gameplay of it