This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sunix

Time to design a game level.

6 posts in this topic

Hello , i'm starting this topic because i would like to know how much times

you are taking to make a level of a game from nothink (modeling , texturing , gameplay , story )

I'm working solo on my game like 6-7h/day and its like the game developpement is just really slow

I'm working on a level from like 3 days right now , i have done 2 levels but each level took me like 1 week to end

The current level im working on atm

Please login or register to see this link.

This level is dark i know its normal.

Thank you.

Cant really see much from the gif , but it should take way longer than 3 days per level / scene , ive been working on one for three weeks now and im about halfway.

Please login or register to see this quote.

The gif is just the entry of a temple, ok so 1 week for a level even if you work 6-7h / day is normal

Yeah , rather take time to perfect it (If you have the time)

1 person likes this

Please login or register to see this quote.

Ok thank you.

1 person likes this

A good level from top to bottom can take months by yourself, not days. Days is about the amount of time it takes to perfect a single model (model, map and texture -and rig and animate if that's the case-). Even finding exact placement, shaders and correct collision can take up to a couple hours. I've spent a little over a month and a half building a 100x100 level from scratch and it's not even a quarter of the way done, and that's just a demo level bc of building, testing and scrapping.

Level design from scratch itself can take a vary long time if your perfecting each level. It took me over a week and nearly 17 models before perfecting a single grave 2 weeks ago. It was either too wide, too tall, not destinguished enough, funky collision, animation interaction was off, etc, etc...

this all goes for how well you take care of your level tho. If your just slapping it together and never reworking your models, it may only take you a month to build one. But why spend all that time from scratch building a level if it isn't perfect

2 people like this