This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

V3ndetta

Low poly mountain from heightmap

I am practicing low poly style modeling in blender, and I thought I would share one of  the models. This mountain was made from a heightmap, and except the backside, which has a little gap/ model is going straight down on one part, it should make a great background for games. The model has 2 materials, one for the main color, one for the snow.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

And, since I made this post, I'd like to show some work in progress with my other models, I think they look pretty neat even if they are a beginer's work

Edited by V3ndetta
  • Like 5

Thanks, actually the lighting is something I always looked on how to make it similar, just to realize how easy it was after all to add this effect.

Really nice. I love it. Bravo ++

Looks good man. Just remember when u do low poly, you have to counteract the poly count with more flavor i.e. More "life" in the game and/or increased visual effects and/or very unique gameplay to stand out from the swarming crowd of other low poly games (which is getting almost as hard to sort out as fps games).

but all in all, good work. Keeps it up