This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Question

Hello world.

Im here to ask one question and hopefully people will write back and take their time to reed this.

So my question to the programmers out there is, whats, where and how is the best way to learn Unity C# programming.

When i say C# Programming i also mean Network Programming, it is completly okey and ill be really thankful if there isn't a really good unity3d

network programming tutorial but only the other type of programming. Anything helps out!

I have searched around a lot a lot of to learn programming networking, but don't find so much useful tutorials. I can program a little bit, i have made a basic FPS game by my self and it is really cool in my opinion, but it is boring to play a game where you can't do much but walk around and shoot Ai. So i really wanted to learn Network Programming.

Then came this beautiful thing called Unet, or maybe it is old, i dont know, when i say Unet i mean all the new networking components.

My experience with multiplayer :

The only thing i have completed by using Unet, is making a player join by the NetworkManager / NetworkManagerHUD and walk around and look around in a FPS type of view. And it worked / works.

That wasn't so advanced and hard to program, so i thought that it wouldn't be so hard to program in other things like shooting, switching weapons and so on. Oh God it was.

So then i ran into this type of thing called

Please login or register to see this code.

This was new, and it will be new and never be understood by me. I am talking about a lot of other commands and words in Unet programming, but these are the first ones i ran into.

So my question is, is there really any good and useful tutorials / streams / courses or whatever it can be, that will help you out in Unity3D C# Programming and Unity3D C# Network Programming ?

Thanks in advance for reading all this, thank you for your time and i hope you have a good answer and i hope you have a wonderful day :d

2 answers to this question

Of course, there is a way. Unity Team did a lot of interesting tutorials which could be useful so that you increase your skill. Some projects are available for free, and using them, Unet will be understandable...

I assume that you know this site, but it will be the best place to learn Unity and its components - my point of view. I wish you the best ++

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks a lot for replying :d i appreciate it :d i think i found the place where i need to be haha. I went on my phone and searched it up, came across the documentation, then it said a lot of useful things and had 2 paragraphs on what Command means and all the other things like OnStartServer ect.