This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
V3ndetta

Tile as a datatype in tutotrial help?

Question

So there is a tutotrial I am following on learning to make procedural tile based top down games, and there is a datatype named

Please login or register to see this code.

but I cannot find this anywhere in unity docs nor forums. Can someone explain how comes Tile is recognized as a datatype in his code?

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by V3ndetta

3 answers to this question

Tile is a custom class. You must have missed a tutorial or download or something. You will need to go through the videos AND there descriptions to see when he creates the class or adds a download link to the file. Also, he could be using a tilemap asset for the base of the tutorial. You could check the introduction video (If there is one) to see if that's the case

Edit: And the data is of type Tiles, not Tile. It's most likely just a class of available tiles

Gone through all the 30-35 sections showing code and found it, obviously missed it.  Well, still got alot to learn, thanks for pointing it out.

lol That's always how it is. Sometimes tutorials skip ahead, don't mentions things or only cover something for a split second. I go through alot of tutorials myself, not because I can't do it myself, but I like to learn different approaches and updated methods. Glad to hear you found it tho

• Like 1