This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

JamesArndt

The Pacific War : 1942 (Prototype)

Hello everyone. I'm introducing my prototype "shoot em up" build for feedback from the community. I've put together a work-in-progress web site to upload builds, do development blog posts / tips, share imagery and videos from the prototype and to get feedback directly from the community. Platform will be Steam for PC and Mac, with a secondary focus on a mobile version.

Please login or register to see this link.

I've also set up a Google form so that anyone who plays the prototype can give their initial thoughts, suggest any features or mechanics, or let me know if they feel something is missing or just plain doesn't feel right.

These are a few images of a F4U Corsair I had created early on for the demo. Take into account this is a distant camera shoot em up, so the models are optimized to low polygon counts. This is also to aid development later on when there will be many moving 3D models on screen at any given time.

Youtube Playlist of Development Diaries

Corsair_01.png
Corsair_02.png
Corsair_03.png
Corsair_04.png

Edited by JamesArndt
  • Like 3

Please login or register to see this quote.

Thank you! If you played any of the demo, please send me some hateful feedback! I'm kidding, but hey feedback is like cheeseburgers or nachos to me, I need it.

• Like 1

Technically you did a great work - it reminds to me the fluidity of the arcade game 1942.

Now you have to do a biiiig work on the aesthetic. I wish you the best ++

• Like 1

Starting working with Substance Painter for the first time in actual production. I have to say I really love it for the PBR workflow. I started working on implementing a Marine Corps emblem for the main menu background. I am still seriously lacking in the composition of the main menu so I am open to any and all feedback or opinions on that.