This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
No1997

Yanp (YetAnotherNetworkProblem)

Question

Hi all,

When i try and connect to a server i created on my pc i can connect. But other people can't connect to me. Do i have to change something in my network settings or something? or is firewall blocking the connection? Because i didn't get any errors.

8 answers to this question

Please login or register to see this quote.

You should also launch "Facilitator". And i hope you have public IP and ports are forwarded.

Are you using the same client as the other people trying to connect to you, if you are, you need to make sure that the client that they are using connects to your ip not the local host. You need to make sure that you have opened the correct ports, you can check this by going to canyouseeme.org and typing in the port. If you understand this then just say so, networking is very complex.

Yeah.. Port forwarding doesnt work because it shuts the router down after 6 minutes. But atm i use the standard server from unity. I'll try yours today :). And i will try to make to set my ip public. If it works after that i'll let you know :). Thanks for the answers :)

Thanks everybody, it worked! i've my own masterserver running and working in game! (stupid mistake: use port 50005 instead of 23466) And port forwarding is also enabled without connection errors :)