This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

INTRODUCTION - So after messing around with Unity a bit, I decided to pick up my old Halo project that I previously abandoned. I honestly wasn't prepared to take on a full game yet and it became overwhelming, especially with nobody other than I really knowing what the focus of the game would be. So let me re-introduce you, to Project Initiative. Project Initiative is a free-to-play, arena style shooter based in the Halo universe. My goal is to make the gameplay as true to the franchise as possible, though still allowing room for creativity and innovation. I currently have four main game modes planned to be incorporated at release: Anvil, Firefight, War Games, and Training (More may come as development progresses). The main focus of the game is the Anvil Editor (like forge in Halo), and War Games as this is a multiplayer focused game. Firefight will do a small ammount of story-telling, although this is the least of my concerns. Training will be a large room giving the player unrestricted access to all weapons, vehicles, enemies, etc. in the game. There will be no campaign and there are currently no plans to give it one. I myself cannot do this alone, so I am actively searching for developers. Please refer to the "Join the team" section for details.

STORY -  The year is 2562, you are a Spartan V set aboard the UNSC Anvil Station, testing experimental technology and actively participating in War Games alongside the Sangheili. On Anvil Station, you have access to many experimental features not yet available to other soldiers, such as the Anvil Editor, unrestricted access to experimental armour, new weapons testing, new and realistic AI combat situations, as well as the ability to enlist in service to protect Human colonies from the remaining Covenant forces.

JOIN THE TEAM - So as stated, I cannot do this on my own. I am in need of developers willing to dedicate at least 4/5 hours per week, and can contribute to the team. I myself do UI/HUD templates (designing the layout, not formalizing), Map design/production, and public relations. Right now, this is an idea I wish to bring to the community, and progress so far is little over none. Although, if you are interested please email me at: crux.cyanide@gmail.com (below are some specific jobs needing to be filled)

-3d Modeling

-Sound Effect Production

-Texturing

-Networking

-Scripting (email for more specifics)

-Voice Acting

-Subreddit/forum moderation

-Whatever else you wish to contribute

Thanks for reading, and I hope to work with some of you soon.

I'll just hand you my papers... when I see more people joining. What are your skills?

Please login or register to see this quote.

I've been doing map design (production) for about 3 years now, and I've had tons of experience with Unity (obviously :P ), and I've also had experience in UDK/UE3, UE4, Cryengine 3.x, and Cryengine V. I'll be releasing a level demo once I get enough done, will be posting here.

last time i read the halo initiative you were going to post screen shot of the project , i was waiting on that , the day you do post progress in a format other then written i would be happy to program your ripe off game (C#)

Edited by thecasperrojas

The last time I posted, I had cancelled it. Project is being restarted from the ground up (although I almost finished a demo level to show structure style and such.) I'm working on it as we speak. Expect screenshots by next week.

Edited by CRUX.Cyanide

I am willing to be a programmer for this able to cover all of your programming needs, but I'll need pay for each section done. I don't intend on charging very much, but reasonable amount depending on the amount of time needed on it.

Hey, It's good to see some support :d

Unfortunately, however, I'm not generating any income from this project, as I cannot afford to pay developers (due to Microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules). 

I understand that you can't generate any income, but you should still know that it's pretty usual to pay people to work on your game for you. That's what a job is for. Anyways, good luck finding team members. There are some good team members who work for free, but most who work for free aren't really committed to the project.

Yes, that is usual. However this is not a company or anything of that manner. It would literally be 100% illegal for us to generate income of any kind (and I can't afford to pay people out of my own pockets) otherwise I would be happy to pay members :) This *is* standard for fan games ;)