This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
OcularCash

GameStop Publishing

What are your thoughts about gamestop starting to publish? Please login or register to see this link. Looks like there attempting to get games to go exclusive tho, atleast that's what I've read on some of the details

Yeah I think its more of a last ditch effort to try to save the name. With so many companies offering similar services (steam) I hope it will eventually work in the indie developers favor as they all fight for our games.  Here is Australia I have noticed EB Games stores are slowly disappearing as well.  Now with so many cheaper offerings online I think game boutiques will end up like like photo processing shops.  Another problem as well is CD's are slowly being fazed out.  Most new cars and laptops don't even come with CD players anymore.  Soon the only option to buy music, movies,games etc will be to buy online or download from a machine onto a USB stick. 

Certainly seems interesting. As Smokey said is does seem like a quick business effort to save them once physical games go out of style and practicality.