This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

geckoo

25$ to share a game on Google Store

I am a little bit surprised. I would like to share a little game which I did recently (Please login or register to see this link. ) on the Google Store. I don't want to sell this game - instead I want to share it for free. I have a gmail account and quickly I have created a member account on Google Store. Now (if I understand correctly) I have to pay 25$ so as to share for free my project. I have some difficulties in order to understand their mercantile political. I am disappointed and these words was a rant. Finally I think that I will do an asset for Unity. Maybe it works ++

... and 90$ to submit a game on GreenLight :/

Money, money, money ++

That is kind of odd. Never tried to release a game on google play. You can always check with OMA about a release on games.armedunity.com possibly even childrens tablets like kurio, etc.. 

Here's the link to the kurio app developer page. kurio uses android software so you shouldn't have to change any kind of coding. Please login or register to see this link.

Have you ever tried to submit a game on the App Store for iOS? lol. It's always fees. fees. fees. 

I have an account on the Google Play store. if anyone want's to submit free games, let me know. 

just upload your apk to a website and the promote it everywhere that way lol. people will still get it if they can find it and most real gamers know how to set their phone up for non store apps. but i dont recall google being so high for the free apps. no surprise either with how money hungry the whole world is, every one wants to be a jew now n days lol

i just double checked the pricing and that $25 is just a registration fee for your dev account, once you get it done there wont be another charge like that. add some ads in your game before release date and you can easily make the money back. so if your going into mobile game design it would be worth it but id suggest making atleast 2 or 3 games for your account otherwise it might not be worth your time to bother with it.

Please login or register to see this quote.

1) If that wasnt there, it would be spammed

2) Theyre donating that money

3) They supply you with infrastructure you dont have to pay for after being greenlit

So, give me 90$ - it's a donation for me :)

• Like 1

I mean i don't think its really a joke lol :P the donations go here

Please login or register to see this link.

Be quiet - it's a joke. I know that this money could help a charity organisation ++

You know крокодил гена? My young years :)

Please login or register to see this link.

• Like 1

Hey,

have you released this to the app store yet?  If not let me know and we can talk about me helping you getting it out there.

Edited by Shredder2500

All those fees are one time payment if i remember correctly, with the android game you could just upload your game to external site and make it downloadable rather than uploading it on the play store. Play store would be better, since it gains popularity and downloads easier.

Not really since it still needs to be approved by the community

Steam charges $110 CAD and it all goes to charity, one time fee. If they did not have this people would be submitting games that are not theirs like just submitting the minecraft exe. Also to people saying that $110 CAD is nothing for developers it is something. Alot of new developers spend alot of their money on assets or paying team members so that $100 will cost them a bit.