This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Hi! My name is Justin Smith, I'm 16 years old and the lead dev of Tymelapse Games. Right now, our main focus is titled "Project Anvil"

What is Project Anvil? Project Anvil is a SciFi FPS based in the Halo universe. We currently only have 3 devs and are in serious need of more, we need: 3d modelers, C# Coders, js Coders, Network coders, Map Designers, Terrain Editors, Texture-ers, Voice Actors, Concept Artists, and  whatever you think you can contribute.

---About Project Anvil---

Crucible (Like Forge)
War Games (Matchmaking)
Instant Action (Firefight)
Training Grounds (Duh :P)

Project Anvil runs on Unity 5.31f1 personal, it is and will always be 100% free to play
Project Anvil will support up to 4 players per team at launch (Matchmaking/Forge)
Project Anvil will support modifications and custom maps.

----STORY----
The year is 2562, you are a Spartan V set aboard the UNSC Anvil Station, testing experimental technology and actively participating in War Games alongside the Sangheili. On Anvil Station, you have access to many experimental feautures not yet available to other soldiers, such as the Crucible, unrestricted access to experimental armour, new weapons testing, new and realistic AI combat situations, as well as the ability to enlist in service to protect Human colonies from what's left of the Covenant.
----The Crucible----
The Crucible is a deck aboard the Anvil Station available for virtual battlefield creation, while designed for War Games, The Crucible is also available for other permitted uses as well.
----War Games----
War Games are simulated battle events, and training for both Sangheili as well as Spartan users. War Games has a variety of different training methods, including popular modes such: Slayer, FFA, Headhunter, Capture The Flag, Grifball, and more. 
----Instant Action----
Instant Action is available to all Spartans aboard the Anvil Station, enabling them to fight remaining Covenant forces in order to protect Human Colonies.
----Training Grounds----
The Training Grounds are a deck designed specifically for Spartan weaponry, Movement, and Vehicle testing. Target practice and AI simulation are also available in the Training Grounds deck.​

Any additional questions? Any concerns? Ideas? Feel free to email us at: tymelapse.studios@gmail.com
OR visit our website: www.project-anvil.weebly.com
  • Like 1

Not meant to be hating or offensive but I think youre too late.

Installation 01 already has a much bigger team and will most likely bring halo back to pc on a AAA level.

(Im not part of that so dont ask any specific questions regarding it to me)

Alright... well I understand but Project Anvil isn't a standard fanmade game like Installation 01, Project Anvil is centered around Forge and the ability to customize it.

Edited by Cyanide.Inside

Well this is a serious project and we are dedicating time to get things done, not gonna fall off the face of the Earth ;):P

Edited by Cyanide.Inside

Eeem guys this can be a great project and I know you guys dont like no pictures and progress.. But this is serious believe me.

Im part of the team. But it is still just in early stages... With planning and stuff.

And Cyanide why did you respond like this jeeez ?

Edited by GeneralCookie

Please login or register to see this quote.

Well how do you think if 20 people tell you that it will fail is that the reason to be mean to other forum members who tries to help you by giving advice?

I  honestly think your wasting your time.  Have any of you read Microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules?.......Currently Microsoft have already issued several cease and desist orders to new fan made Halo games.  I can't see any serious devs working on a project that can never make any money, and has a very good chance of being shut down before its even released.

Hey, yes I actually have read the Game Content Usage Rules. That's why I don't think we're in trouble, we are following every one of their conditions and (obviously) it's free to play, we make $0 profit, we create our own assets, and Halo isn't even in the title... I think we should be okay, although it is always a possibility we just hope Microsoft doesn't C&D us

Another subject - please stop to spam this forum with 3/4 same requests. It could be better for us that you put all your requests in an unique thread - this one.
If you have a real motivation to do something (more or less) similar to Halo, I recommend to you to find another theme.
In other cases, you risk to waste your time for nothing. Respecfully  ++

• Like 2

I'd just like to make it absolutely clear (as a developer on installation 01) that the project will support forge and is heavily and I mean HEAVILY focused on customization. We have a very talented programmer (Richard Boomsma) who has worked on a very functional forge like system before and will likely end up implementing it into installation 01. I'd like to have a conversation with your team about you guys becoming part of the installation 01 team. As it stands it is unlikely much progress will be made with such few members and when there are already many larger halo projects in the works and because of this its unlikely you'll be finding many members soon. 

Thanks, Reece. 

Please login or register to see this quote. Hey Reece Can I apply for Installation 01 as well ? I have experience with the engine and I do a lot of PR.. So if I can be useful... I would like to help :3 Also, im part of the project anvil team. Edited by GeneralCookie

There is no way Microsoft will allow a fan made halo game to be released on the PC.  They have already issued C&D's to several Devs after they released their Halo games.

This is very misinformed and completely untrue. Other fan titles such as project contingency have been in development since like 2011 and have not as of yet been C&Dd. I don't know of a single halo fan project that has been shut down by microsoft and assuming we continue to follow the fair content rules it is highly unlikely that we will be. 

Get your facts straight......here is a list of a few that have been given c&d's.........Halogen, Halo Online, HaloFollower just to name a few.  Microsoft know legally that they can't stop you developing a halo fan game but they will stop you releasing it.

Not being funny mate, but me and my team have been developing the game since 2014, we have talked to microsoft and 343 and have been told that as long as we follow the content rules we will be fine. We are a team of very experienced individuals and know exactly what we're doing. You have no idea what you're talking about. Halogen was around in like 2006 when the content rules were far far different, halo online has NOT been C&Dd (I know developers on the project) and has actually released without any intervention from microsoft and halo follower is a youtube channel that is still going strong to this day. Please do at least the slightest bit of research before you come out with bold claims as you have just done. 

You obviously don't know how to use google.

Please login or register to see this link.

There is my research, I suggest you do yours before coming out with bold claims as you have just done. =))

Edited by SmokeyKilla

Yep, a video from some random youtuber saying its been c&d despite halo follower still putting on content and if you'd actually bothered to watch the video, the C&D was NOT from microsoft or 343, but rather from the halo follower parent company so thats completely irrelevant, a random article from some website no one has ever heard of when I've actually heard first hand from a developer that they have NOT received a C&D and 9 months after that article has been posted the game still continues to be updated without any issues and lastly a halo project based on a game that was NOT being based on a bungie or 343 title and was C&Dd to clear space for a new genre of halo game in 2006, back at a time when the fair use rules were very different. Once again, you have absolutely not idea what you're talking about and I'd suggest we leave it here, I wouldn't want to embarrass you any more than I already have done :P 

So as you may know, I was working on an FPS game titled "Project Initiative [Previously Anvil] ", it was going to be based in the Halo universe and I had everything planned out. However, I don't have much experience in recruitment and that is the downfall, I couldn't pick up any devs and I don't know much in coding so I definitely couldn't have done it myself... So I've decided to release the files I had, feel free to modify them for any project, as long as credit me for them. PM me for details and what you plan to do with them :)