This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

lcomstive

TIN Networking Solution

Hello all! I've been working on this for a while and I think it's time to release something..

TIN Networking Solution (alpha 5.1)

"so", I hear you say, "what does TIN stand for and what does it do?"

Well, that's a good question, and to that I answer: The Indie Network

yup... But let me get into some more detail before you go. This is meant to be a cheap alternative to all the other networks out there, it's a pay once, receive files and all future updates, totally customizable network built for the indies, you guys.

"oh", you say, "but how is this better than the others?"

I can't exactly say it's better, that's a matter of opinion. But I'm still going to try and convince you it's better than the others

Let's see some comparisons shall we?

Comparisons:

- Photon: Free and limited version, or pay $95USD once for a 100CCU "life-time" plan

- uLink: The "Indie license" is $600USD, 'nuff said

- SmartFox: Basic license, free but only 20CCU; Pro license with 100CCU, €500.00, once again I don't think I need to explain this

(I would add UNet here but I haven't tried it or looked too much into its features)

and now TIN's features!

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Documentation: Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by lcomstive
  • Like 3

Please login or register to see this quote.

Not yet, that's the next step. Once it's released I'll update this post :)

I like the spirit, but i don't think you should be really comparing your start project with giants like smartfox & photon and giving such a sketchy smile to their prices.
It's an industry leading giants, which frameworks have been tested by thousands of developers and millions lines of code, while yours only by you.
And with that comes the price, but to be honest thousand, 2 or even 5k is not of a big deal, especially if you want to make hundreds of thousands.

Without mentioning what's so special about this that they don't offer without saving 50 dollars. Im not here to critique, just giving you some valid points to think and not run before walking with at least some working server base, tested with at least couple simple mobile games.

nice just one question will it come with the server source or a server version for linux ? would be very nice if you could include the source of the server so we can actually compile it for any system we want to run it on :P

Edit: 50$ for source included (sry didnt read that :O)

Edited by Erarnitox

Please login or register to see this quote.

I'll check if it's mono compatible, it should be since I had no windows specific references but you never know. If it isn't I'll see what I can do to fix that

edit: Ran a fresh new virtual machine running Ubuntu 15.10 Desktop, installed mono (and Wine, just to be safe) along with .NET 4.5 and tried running the server. First attempt, a window popped up with an exception so something went wrong and I'll have to find out if that's significant or not; the second time running it ran like it does on windows

Please login or register to see this spoiler. Edited by lcomstive
  • Like 1

good job. A little sales advice tho is exploiting others weaknesses and showing what yours offers that there's doesn't, especially when comparing to corporate giants. Also a good demo and/or demo video does a great job as well

Please login or register to see this quote. Great advice, thanks :d the videos are coming, I'm just trying to get the documentation up to scratch first Edited by lcomstive

Bump. Added basis for Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by lcomstive