This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
Reaven99

Wheels with mesh colliders

Question

Hello,

I am trying to get my wheels to work with mesh colliders but with no succes so far..

I have a body rigidbody and the wheels rigidbodies are connected to it with joints that can move freely on 1 axis.
This all works perfectly but heres the issue, once they start moving the vehicle goes forward but the wheels "Bounce/jitter/Shake" i found the problem of this and it seems to be the convex collider not being fully round, i made special models in 3DS Max and also used the wheel itself all of them shake.

A solution is using a sphere or capsule collider but it would collide with objects beside the wheel itself..

So i was hoping anyone of you knew how to create a perfect round collider or know a workaround.
A wheel collider is not an option as it does not what i need it to do, i need a collider on all sides so it can move and drive no matter the rotation.

Thank you all!

6 answers to this question

Thank you for the reply!

The wheel collider does not what i need it to do, for example collision on all sides.

If the car flips upside down it should still drive, or if it falls in the side it should still rotate[ in this car the body ]

See it as this:

I need a round collider of some sort that can rotate/roll and by doing so it drags the body with it, and it should do so without bouncing or jumping around.

I know it is possible i saw multiple examples, but could not find the way to do it yet..

For example "Wreck arena" uses mesh collider as wheels and that works very smooth.

I hope there someone knows a bit more about this issue.

Thanks in advance and regards

Thank you for the comment, but i know this is very much possible.

I just need to find a way to do it, i already have it working with a sphere or capsule collider but those are also colliding besides the wheel as they are a sphere.

Wheel colliders are not meant to do what i need, i tried to use them in the first place.

Regards