This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

SniicKz

Sounds of War

What is Sounds of War?
Sounds Of War is a multiplayer FPS powered by Unity5 and created by seven devoted developers over the past eight months.
The goal for Sounds Of War is to be a fun and enjoyable FPS for competetive play!
Currently there are three gamemodes in the game; Team Deathmatch, Capture the flag, Conquest, Last man Standing and Free for all.
We have a advanced player profile system.
You can create an account and log in, see all your stats; Kill-Death Ratio, ect.
There is also a dynamic clan/squad system.
You can create a clan, or join one of your friends'. If you're in a clan, you can see if any clan members are online.

We currently have four maps in the game but the number of maps is unlimited because any player can create a map and play on it without downloading anything.

Sounds Of War is in very early development so many things are going to be added, removed or changed in some way.

Please login or register to see this link. - Coder - UI Artist
#Jonas (Pokeyoshi3) - Coder

#Alexiano - Coder
#Josh - Level Designer
#Joey - 3D Artist

#Joshuwa - Voice Actor
#Alessandro - 3D Artist
#Christian - UI / Concept Designer

#Stephan - UI/GFX/VFX Artist

Facebook:
Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by SniicKz
  • Like 6

Sorry but can you elaborate on this map building system? I love the UI design, creds to who made it. Also how are you powering your networking? Photon?

• Like 1

It looks interesting, but the title/name sucks ++

Please login or register to see this quote.

So, i'm responsible for the level system :)

I made a simple map editor for our game, and SniicKz made it for the player Database.

Creating a map is simple, you have a similar editor like in unity (and yes, i have an editor inside an editor)

8ba518975d04c3e6ec3b2afa42a0cf90.png

In here, you'll be able to edit your map and upload it to your account. You'll get a map hash (a little "password") which you can enter inside of the game,

and the game will automatically get your map data in almost a split second. You'll get to the workshop game scene, and everyone who joins your game

will also be able to play on this map without any problems.

decfc46f2877ebed43c83b2be672f223.png

It's still in very early development, so UI work and other functions may change.

dude why're you pretending you made battlefield

we all know dice were the actual devs of the screenshots you just posted

on a serious note though, incredible job and keep up the great work

Thanks

-----------------------------

Promoted (Levelup Popup)

4cb8ma0.png

Edited by SniicKz

Well... new update :P

Opposite Games (my team) is now merged with Dark30 Studios.

We're now more than 17 People working on Sounds of War and on a other game ... what is private for now ...

Dark30 Studios has People from uConstruct and Speedtree in it...

Means, our Level Editor will have uConstruct and Speedtree build in ... (with speedtree, i mean just many trees, not the whole software lol..)

IBi0GV8.jpg

RibNEt6.jpg

Edited by SniicKz
  • Like 2

OK.. I usually don't want to be negative towards people and their achievements in life, but here I must voice my opinion on the latest update; You are overdoing it. Please stop putting overlays that just. Blocks the view, it's just like battlefield with all the stupid lens flares. And also I think that the previous in game hud was way better as to the ammo info font.

and again... someone who dont know the concept of Sounds of War...

Edited by SniicKz

keep up the good work looks fun!!! , what is ur buildings scale looks bit small but some times its the model, they have perfect door size but bad scale. 

• Like 1

A team merge... interesting strategy. I cant imagine how conference calls r going to be haha! Also with such a team, keep the project tidy including code. This is guarenteed productivity. Good luck ;)

• Like 1

to be honest, I'm not sure if the game name is perfect for Fast-paced 3D Mulitplayer FPS game... Sounds of War kinda looks like a musical game to me :/ On the other hand, i like the view (round edges) as it kinda gives the feeling as you are inside the screen.

We really liked the name, and im sure, it will stay like that...

Btw, these people are new in our Team !

#Alexiano - Coder
#Josh - Level Designer
#Joey - 3D Artist
#Johannes - Animator
​#Christian - Community Manager
​#Gianluca - Animator

#Stephan - UI/GFX/VFX Artist

Edited by SniicKz

So here are some new Features of the Level Editor :)

ee507b9a57595e880dbcb0e6cd139557.png

First change: you can set up positions by value now

Second change: you also have an object list now

Now, also theres a new light setup feature

65a4c4da808c37b00c4fee3d79ffa41c.png

This build is just a prototype, the GUI design will definitely change.

Also, if we change some more stuff, maybe we're able to get custom models working (mesh serialization and stuff like that)

We also thought about switching to dedicated server methods. This would change some game features: For example you could

write gamemodes (how about Gungame) or server management tools that announce cool stuff for you (ex. "Visit us at ..." or "Thank you for playing on this Server")

or Server own Leveling methods. You will not able to level your rank or earn cash with plugin servers, it will only work with original server files.

It would increase community work and creativity, which we really like.But you could also write GUI plugins or stuff like that, why not.

This is just an idea, it might change later on because first we're trying to get the game running smoothly.

We're currently doing a lot of bug fixing and optimization to start a new testing phase on this website sooner or later.

Edited by pokeyoshi3
  • Like 2

Nice work on the level editor: the feature im most excited about.Custom mesh imports requires you to use System.IO to load from a file location: Tip, if you want to load files from inside the build folder, create a StreamedAssets folder (in unity), and all the contents inside wont be serialized by unity upon build.