This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
Xero3D

Sci-fi Environment | Practice

Its been a while so I'm just starting off with some practice. The concept and my current progress is below.

Feel free to leave feedback as the progress goes on.

PS: Things may seem out of proportion, but the concept itself was not done with a realistic field of view and proportion
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changing the concept .. I want to do something with more color. It was to boring. I also want to make something with my specularity and gloss so I can use Unity's PBR to its full extent.

I'm gonna come up with my own concept so there wont be any concept images. Just wait to see how it turns out ;)

5fnspCM.png

dd659d2abf08dcd01f050e0987abc2a6.png

Edited by Xero3D
  • Like 7

And so the legend returns with some sweet sci fi stuff. keep it coming Xero :d

• Like 1

Changing the concept .. I want to do something with more color. It was to boring. I also want to make something with my specularity and gloss so I can use Unity's PBR to its full extent.

I'm gonna come up with my own concept so there wont be any concept images. Just wait to see how it turns out ;)

Edited by Xero3D

Edited by Xero3D
  • Like 3

Edited by Xero3D
  • Like 2

looking great :-BD  ...... it may only be the screenshot but the only advice I can offer is to lower the scale of the normal maps in the floor slightly......they look very deep.

I'll start with some small props for it

Edited by Xero3D

Something small ...

Just a start with the props

5fnspCM.png

dd659d2abf08dcd01f050e0987abc2a6.png

Edited by Xero3D
  • Like 2

Please login or register to see this quote.

Thanks

Working on the bakes now. I wont spend too much time on it. The next update will be this model with full textures.

TLbTnve.png

• Like 1

The art look's great. However the art look's more futuristic than sci-fi ish. This deals more with the first picture you posted however depending on what you do with the second pic after you texture it. It could go either way. 

There is not much of a clear difference between sci-fi and futurism, however, what I am making could be called a futuristic environment but will still have sci-fi elements. But its hard to say, because there is no clear line between the two genres.

In a way you are correct their is no clear line between the 2. However alot of people determine this by 2 factor's. 1 is being something that could be created a year down the road. And this is what i mean by futuristic. That being said it already exists. It is just a new concept of what already is. However with science fiction. Science fiction is more something that does not exist but maybe one day will. For example 30 years ago we had Star Trek and Star Wars. These introduced stuff that did not exist. Where for example Captain Kirk would get on his communicator and say beam me up Scotty. Now today it exists and we call them cell phones. But at one time they were science fiction. There are still many concepts from these shows however that are still science fiction. Or even things from Star Gate or even the time machine from Back to the Future. These are great concepts to Science Fiction. Say for example your chair this already exists today but it has a futuristic type look. But say if the chair was a holographic chair that could hold solid matter. Now this would be science fiction because it is something that does not even exist at our current level of technology. And this is the type's of stuff that alot of people look at when determining thing's from reality or fiction. Please don't get what i say wrong. Because i like your work. But this is something that alot of people look at when determining fiction from reality. And sci-fi is short for science fiction. And science fiction is only science fiction until it becomes reality.

I'm finally free again so its back to work on this. Started a new prop which is a simple couch, this is just the model with Normals and an AO. The color is just the base. I'm going to start working on adding detail.

5Ds3Tj7.png

• Like 3

Really realist. Great material shaders ++

Another update

High Poly Model

uUslmIu.jpg

Edited by Xero3D

Looks good although some tips I got from other artists is to not use a black background for presentation, use like a background rgb of 100

Idk why it came out so dark, the original one was a bit lighter