This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

zombieqtr

Realistic Recoil & Kick System (WIP) Need feedback

Hello everyone!,  here is a link to a video of a weapon system i am working on that is still a work in progress, i am looking for feedback mainly for the recoil and kick, i need your feedback to adjust it for maximum realism. Thanks in advance!, Kind Regards: Hamad Almannai

Link to video: Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this quote.

Whilst it's not 1:1 recoil to it's real world counterpart, it must be compensated for in a video game. Shooting in real life is all about technique, which is what makes it difficult to do in real life. In a game where everything is scripted to do X, there is no real technique to shooting without using a method such as CSGO, which is not realistic at all. In a video game, it needs to just have hard recoil to slow a player down from just going full auto (CoD, Battlefield).

My opinion? It should be lowered a tad, but it needs to stay very difficult to manage.

• Like 1

The recoil that was shown in a video would be realistic if the gun was fired from an childs arms,

But for soldier(I assume you want to use soldier as a player not a child) it would be much lower and barely noticeable, just like @themars2011 showed in the video, other than that, great job on the video!

read the title of this topic please, hes trying to create a realistic recoil, not a balanced...

I read the title, and that's the entire point of my post. I'd prefer you to not refer to me as some illiterate dumbass. Perhaps read my post?

You need to trade off realism for a game to feel realistic. If this were the case where we had recoil that was approximately as much as the man in that video shot the gun, then CoD would be a realistic game. Look at ArmA, it has huge amounts of recoil, and most likely for the same very reason that I had posted above.

And if one thinks CoD is realistic, well, they need to smash their face against a brick wall.

Respectfully I have another point of view. In fact, I think that THIS recoil is really realist - maybe too realist. I noticed some opposite force which we can compare with a muscular contraction when someone shoots for the first time. He is tense and awkward - he takes his weapon this way. However I think that you didn't try to get this result. An experienced soldier doesn't do anything this way ++

PS : I read again my explanation. Please don't do some inappropriate joke :)

It's very close, nice work. But the kickback is quite a bit less than realistic and it's a bit too smooth. A kick that far back would probably dislocate your shoulder. Kick, realistically, is only about an inch, unless it was the first time that person has ever shot a gun. Smooth wise, it's normally more rigid. There's normally no smoothness to holding onto a bucking bronco. But in terms of realistic compared to most, I'd give it a 9/10. Good job

pretty much what everyone else has said it looks great for use in a game but if your after realism the recoil is way to much

• Like 1