This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
gokofalse

How can we solve this problem? It's important for me!

Question

Hi guys!

I'am new for unity. I have some problems about my project.

Problem: Please login or register to see this link.

BendingSegment: Please login or register to see this link.

NonAffectedJoints: Please login or register to see this link.

HeadLookController: Please login or register to see this link.

Could you help me pls? How can I solve this problem? I will be happy if you explain it with the details.

I will be waiting for your helps :)

15 answers to this question

If you want to examine all of codes, you can download that

Please login or register to see this link.

But you didn't explain us your real problem. You use the same script which I described in a recent post. I assume that you are using MFPS or another project like FPS-Kit. It's a misunderstood integration which a absolute beginner does often. You must erase one of these two scripts which have the same name - and the same values. This script is available here and it's not too hard to understand. See the main page and explain us your problem. At first, define spine which reacts with mouse axis. In second step, you can isolate these bones which don't react (optional). I recommend you to disable option "overwrite animation". All depends to your character. Show us more detail ++

Please login or register to see this quote.

I'm not good at C#, so they which have been written by you do not mean anything for me. Just the project has something which is wrong, but I do not know what these things are. If you want to examine, I can upload another HeadLookController script. As I said in another post I have renamed the name of script but it still has the same problems :(

change the name of the script both in Unity and in the script itself

the reason why it's giving such error is that in the global part of the memory are two classes with the same identifier which is not allowed as you access the classes by the identifier in other classes.

Edited by RedCrusaderGames
  • Like 1

This file includes Another HeadLookController and the file which is wrong.

Man - except some minor changes, this is the SAME script.

Can you understand that you cannot use a script which is named like another and in the same project? There is a conflict.

What is this project?

I can understand the problem, but I said to you that again and again! I am not good at C# and I am a new user for unity. So, you should suggest me simple things. 

I use 2 fps kits in a project. So, as you said there are 2 HeadLookController scripts. (I have sent download link of them). But I do not know how I can solve the problem. I renamed one of them as HeadLookController2, but it did not work. All in all, I cannot solve the problem due to I do not know C#. I want you to suggest me simple things. THAT'S THE POINT.

Edited by gokofalse

Calm down. Everyone is here by choice and helping by choice. To solve this, just delete the head look script that you renamed. The reason why your still having trouble is because inside the script, it is still named the same. So just delete the entire script and the error should go away

Thank you :) I think the solution was easy, but someone has chosen to complicate it!

Holy hell. You got enough crap in the project panel? Lmao there's more folders in your project panel than my entire computer. You are going to have a TON of problems with anything you do if you don't cut down on that mess. Scripts conflict with other scripts. I can name about 6 conflicting things occurring in the 5 seconds you were in play mode.

When downloading assets, only take what you need and delete the rest and adapt it into your project. Just remember NOTHING is drag, drop and play. You HAVE to adapt absolutely everything into your project. 95% of the time, it's built for something that requires a component you won't be using. And with all the assets you have downloaded into one project, there's gotta be all kinds of stuff going on

Attached is a screenshot of one of my projects. As you can see its clean and organized. If an error occurs at anytime, there is litter all one of two scripts that can be causing it aswell. There shouldn't be excess, unused, things laying all over the place. And this is a screenshot of the editor for a complete game

Please login or register to see this attachment.

You're exactly right  :) But this is my style  :) I like complicating something  :) Actually, it takes too much time, removing the docs  :)

Edited by gokofalse

The problem with messy and complicated is, you get issues like in your video. Especially if there is stuff being called from the project panel. Some scripts run, even if you don't have them in the game