This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

danielvd

Vaijk Network Chat - Unity Package

Hello everyone!

I've created another package inside Unity called Vaijk Network Chat. This package includes many features such as:

- Simple network framework;
- Chat scrollbar;

- Custom text wrapping;
- Random player name colors;
- Adapted for both the legacy GUI and the new Unity UI system;

- Adapted for both the legacy Network system and the new UNET system;
- 2 straight-forward scripts.

Updated_Chat_Room.png

Price for the package: only $2.99

Feel like taking a better look at it? Check it out at Sellfy: Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks!

Especial note: A massive thank you to everyone who has purchased my other package (the Wave Survival Multiplayer package), I just wanted to let you guys know that the motivation and self-improvement that this has proportionated to me is beyond words. Again, thank you very much. Sometimes I think that I'm not selling assets, but instead receiving donations and giving something back in gratitude!

Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by danielvd

Looks amazing. Love the colour(color) pellet, reminds me of windows 8 :d. Fantastic price as well, I'll probably buy it.

• Like 1

Neat. I like pure aesthetic. I think that it's a good lesson for those who learn RackNet. Not expensive.

Now a question for you. Do you have a full satisfaction from sellfy so as to sell your package? Do you think that it's better than UnityStore?

Please login or register to see this quote.

Thank you for the reply geckoo!

Agreed! About your question, I feel like Sellfy fits me better than the UnityStore, and gives me many advantages over the UnityStore, such as: Lower sell tax, freedom to sell whatever I wish (software, images, videos, music, etc..), straight-forward and user-friendly, and the list goes on.

- Daniel

After I spammed the chat on one client and moved to another, I noticed that I cant scroll to see the messages below. Also, the scroll bar doesn't automatically move, but for $3, I suppose I wasn't expecting a perfect system. Definitely worth the buy though.

Hello Zhavier!

- Large amount of messages sent from {*n} to {n} makes the chat box unable to scroll down;

- The scrollbar does not automaticaly move to follow incoming messages.

Got it! I'm sorry you're having issues with the package. I created it in just a few hours, so I didn't have enough time to filter out all of the bugs. I will get to work on these bugs as soon as my time is available and an update will become available.

Thank you for the feedback!

- Daniel

Edited by danielvd

Hello Zhavier!

No need to worry, updates will be sent to all of the clients email accounts (the one used in their paypal account).

Thank you for the reply!

- Daniel

Hello pooploser96!

I'm very glad you liked the chat design, it was one of the aspects of the package that I spent the majority of my time working on.

Thank you for the reply!

- Daniel

Vaijk Network Chat 1.2 update changelog:

Legacy Chat:

- (Changed): Commented and cleaned code.

- (Fixed): When selecting the input field with text, the text would be reset.
- (Fixed): Chat wouldn't scroll automatically as new text was added.

Updated Chat:

- (Changed): Commented and cleaned code.
- (Changed): Made all UI elements Pixel Perfect.
- (Changed): Chat scrolling speed was changed from 1 to 10.

- (Changed): Scrollbar only appears after there is a certain amount of lines of text.

- (Fixed): Chat wouldn't scroll automatically as new text was added.
- (Fixed): New messages couldn't be seen after a certain amount of them were received.
- (Fixed): Input field not being re-selected after message was sent.
- (Fixed): Default Input Field message not being erased on select.
- (Fixed): Text not wrapping correctly.

I've finally managed to find some time to edit the package today, any questions regarding the package I'm here to answer. Thank you for your attention!

- Daniel

Edited by danielvd

Dang great update! I'll be more than happy to use this in my game, as it is using Forge Networking and I can use this as a separate server just for chat ;)

Hello Zhavier!

I'm very glad that you liked the new update and that I've been able to remove issues you've been having with the package. :d

- Daniel

I agree with Zhavier, this looks great and clean. Just one question... Does it support tags or bb code, to make text bold or change color?

Hello MyIsaak!

Yes it does support Unity's Rich Text, the player name itself uses Rich Text to change its color. But you have to be carefull when using it with certain font types as it can result in unwanted bugs.

Thank you for the reply!

- Daniel

Edited by danielvd

So what's next on the list? I never found your wave survival useful, but this is a pretty great asset. I'm up for what you can throw at me next.

Hello Zhavier!

At the moment I'm busy working on my portofolio website and migrating from the Sellfy platform to my own store (that will be featured on my website). You can take a look at it below (much work to be done still):

33wrrma.png

Besides the website I'm working on:

1. Polishing the new Vaijk Inventory System for launch;

2. Adding certain requested features in the Wave Survival System (requests from the unity forum community);

3. Learning new programming languages and platforms.

Thank you for the question!

- Daniel

Edited by danielvd

Hello MyIsaak!

Thank you, I'm glad you liked my website's design, the CSS behind it was a pain to get working as I wished. Besides that the bare-bones of the website are done, now I have to add Client-Side and Server-Side functionality and possibly change to using a CMS like Joomla or Drupal.

- Daniel

Edited by danielvd

Hey! I was wondering if the update is automatically on Sellfy, because I paid with my Dad's PayPal.

Hello Zhavier!

First I update the product on Sellfy, then I send the updated Sellfy link in emails to the PayPal email accounts.

Thank you for the question!

- Daniel

Hello former armedunity folk, guess who's back? Resuming my disappearance: A LOT of exams followed by each other. Anyways, I have started to work with Unity again, and will continue to make/update assets.

Vaijk Network Chat 1.3 update changelog:

Legacy Chat:

- (Changed): Updated code commenting and structure.

Updated Chat:

- (Changed): Updated to new UNET Platform (Using High-Level API).

- (Changed): Updated code commenting and structure.

Also taking this opportunity to present my new website: Please login or register to see this link.  (work in progress).

All my assets and other stuff will be on this website. And I will be updating and changing ALL my assets, so stay tooned!

- Daniel