This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Question

I Need a simple aircraft controller script, like the helicopter, but for a plane, and just simple variables not like all the game objects on the Heli. I want it simple, but not too simple. This way we can use it for many different aircraft types. Link to your profile/ name in credits will be in game. Don't bother commenting to complain or anything besides a snippet of code, and possible video. it would be pointless. Thanks for the help :)

Using: unity 4 Free/Indie

unrealistic is fine, easier to control.

Something like a mod for the kit, not from assets store. they are all made to be controllers for the aircraft being the main character, not a jump in and out kinda thing, like the helicopter script.

Edited by KrypTik_Sweller

17 answers to this question

Please login or register to see this quote.

Well change them then, you cant expect to have everything done for you in a drag and drop situation. Thats not what the kit is for.

If you're new to Unity, start with something much simpler. Make something more original and just mess around with the features, its the best way to learn.

• Like 3

Here is a basic flight controller that you will have to modify for getting in and out. Please login or register to see this link.

I don't expect it to be done for me, i didn't ask for it to be done for me. I don't want to upgrade because many on my other projects cant update without remaking them, plus I know nothing about GUI, also I'm not new, I have been using unity 4 for a wile, This kit is very simple to understand and modify or entirely remake into a new game. if you think that it is complex, you might need to find a new hobby/occupation. Honestly i would fully recommend this kit to beginners, if they cant understand it, they need to watch tuts, and try again, if still not, they also need to find a new occupation. Also you forgot a apostrophe in *that's

The new UI is not necessary, and Unity converts all of the scripts to the new api automatically, and any errors should be an easy fix. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I converted my project which was deeply rooted in a different FPS kit made for 4.0, and had no errors on import after  it converted them

Lol you think I'm new to Unity, and you also think I'm being aggressive. I was trying to be nice and encouraging to someone I assumed was new to Unity, as they are new to the forum, but you obviously cant understand that.

No further comments apart from going all 'grammar nazi' and whining because I missed an apostrophe is highly immature.

I will not reply to any further comments, especially if they're phrased even slightly aggressively.

Edited by bentowny

The grammar Nazi Was supposed to be slightly comedic. Sorry for going off, had a headache all day, took your post the wrong way.

Your paragraph is based off needing a free script for an aircraft controller. What's the point of denying it when its in your first sentence lol. 

Also, go to elsewhere if you think this is what we do. Here at ArmedUnity, we work together and develop together with occasional help. Don't arrive in a community and instantly want your "new amazing call of duty clone that will be top on xbox one and get me loads of money" game made for you. You should have approached this asking for help or where to find a basis for learning to do this. If you don't understand there is no point asking for someone to do it for you.

we were talking about someone upgrading the kit, and how i didn't want to, not because it was not done for me, but because i didn't want to.  also i don't know where to even start on an aircraft controller script, at all. that's why im asking. this is the only thing im asking for. not the entire game done for me. also this game is nothing like call of duty, or any popular game, not even close, it might have a 10% resemblance to destiny. but that's it. If you were apart of the "team" you would have sent me to a tutorial or sent me a script. that's what development teams do. when i joined armed unity, I expected nothing other than to share my work source, and get feedback on it. Not some one to make my game. Its one script, stop crying, not the hundred+ needed to make a great game