This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
KrypTik_Sweller

im creating a sniper , having issues with scope

Question

I have everything else working, i just need to know how to set a camera back to the main camera. the sniper has a camera used to change the scope lens material so it looks real. but the second camera keeps trying to take over as main camera. any ideas besides disabling the camera. it is needed for the gun scope.

5 answers to this question

Is the scope camera rendering everything or is it culling? Using the script I posted in the script section was just a simple work around since unity 4 and lower does not have render textures unlocked if not pro. If you download unity 5, upgrade your project and I believe render textures are now unlocked. I could be wrong tho. If there unlocked, render texture runs extremely faster than the workaround and won't have the kind of camera culling issues

camera is renendering everything, but thats not the issue, the issue is that the second camera is taking over the main player camera, i have unity free

Well there are one parameter i know that you should fiddle about with in the Camera Inspector:

- Depth: decides when to do the draw call of the camera