This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Shaqs

Something Called... Dungeons !

Hey there,

I've been modeling for a few years and I feel I am quite good at it :P , So now starting to learn C# for game development as well as testing my level designing skills ( even a 13 years old can play with unity terrain ;) so decided to go for something Different ).

Got Dungeons Kit available on Assets Store. and its Really cool ! ( Looking forward to buy its expansion package if the Project goes on well ).
The kit is awesome but its very bad for optimization, So I created the level in Blender, Joined the meshes as one independent Object and its now working fine :) Started the project yesterday and putting some lights to make it more appealing and a bit creepy.

My plans for the Project - I'll make it a puzzle game something like stealth project ( By Unity ) as I am learning C# using it as a reference. Wont be a Fps, as there are already so sooo many shooters around, I'll make it a Tps and will not use OTS camera setup. Also I will use a Unique mechanic, Mmm not Unique but its not been used for years ( but strong enough to make the game interesting and Unique ).

Here are some Screenshots !

206le8y.jpg

Update [ Optimized the Graphics performance ]

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

See ya'll thanks for reading !

Regards

Shaqs Aki

Edited by Shaqs
  • Like 6

Please login or register to see this quote.

First of all Thanks for the feedback guys ! one thing is for sure that I'll continue the project.

Edited by Shaqs

Neat ++

It's a bit too dark in my opinion. Looks great but a bit too dark. Maybe enhance the the lighting a bit?

Yep its a bit dark, but the scene is set in moon light so it will remain the same as it is currently also it suits the scene !

I may change the lighting but I'll keep the current settings until I finish installing all the assets in the scene like blades, some corpses etc etc...

thanks for the feedback !

Edited by Shaqs

Thanks Mate !

The light value would depend on the type of ganre the puzzle game is focused on, if it's horror it should remain dark.

if it's adventure then lighter might be the best idea, but maybe with darker areas of the map.

Thanks for your reply mate !

yeah the game will be a horrific puzzle game ( but not too creepy, and The whole game wont have the same lighting :) )