This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
dantesino2

Store system + Inventory

Question

Hello guise! Im kinda new in programming but i already know some stuff. What i want to ask for is that I want to make store system + inventory for online FPS game and i dont know how should i do it. I mean.. Should i use PlayerPrefabs for inventory or MySql database? Just to save data about current weapons he is using and editing them. Also if i want to make customization system should i save all the customization things to database or these prefabs? Which way is easier and better? For this store system I should use MySql i guess, since I can edit price of these weapons and availability of them in store by editing database, right? Can u give me some advices please? Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Depends on the size of your game, using MySQL could be over complex for a small game with not many items. See my post here: Please login or register to see this link. This is a system I am making (taking a while as I dont spend much time on it and now have to upgrade it Unity5), but you get the idea.

Wow man this looks amazing! Im going to study it a little and try to implement it into my game! Thanks for advice! :)

i'm hoping to have that system up for beta release in the next week or 2 if you wanted to check it out it will be on the asset store for a very small amount for the beta and you will get the full thing when it comes out :)

Please login or register to see this quote.

Ill try to do it on my own because waiting for 2 weeks is too long for me, but ill probably also buy it after it comes out :)