This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

blueagardq13

Unity 5 Using a Masterserver

Question

Hey, Is it possible in UNITY 5 that I can host my own masterserver to work with Unity 5 for networking?

LIke I understand UNET is not out yet, but I wanted to host my own masterserver which is already set it,, and just wandering if it would work with Unity 5?

9 answers to this question

As far as I can tell you should be able to use your own built Master Server still, like previous versions of Unity used.

Please login or register to see this link. you can download the project files for building your own, this includes an XCode project, a Makefile and a Visual Studio solution so you can build on any platform.

I have no idea when UNet will be released, but if it's any time soon and you plan on using it then you should probably just wait for that

Please login or register to see this quote.

No problem, haven't been on here for a while and thought I'd help some more :)

DONT. DONT. DONT wait for UNET, its a long long way off, think of how long ago all these new unity features were first mentioned even sites were made to joke about it *cough* Please login or register to see this link. *cough* 

but on topic, yeah you should still be able to use the "old" masterserver code to compile it for unity5, as far as I can tell nothing has changed in the networking back-end for 5.0 :)

• Like 1

I use TNet for all my networking, works great and has UDP support, it comes is a C# Standalone server file you have run or host online and connect to :)

I bought Bolt. Not used it loads as I've been doing other things but its a fantastic package! I was also given beta access to Topan Networking (used in Darkraze, made by a community member here) and that had a custom master server written in PHP, that I managed to successfully (ish) convert to run in Node.JS.

What I'm trying to get at is that although its supplied as a executable, if you dig around in the source code you can probably port it to a different platform of your choice. The possibilities are endless!

I

I get you I understand but seems like you been going through a lot to get what you want

of cause it is possible you can download the source of the unity master server somewere on unity.com ...

i have customized this Masterserver and came up with this one running on my ubuntu server :

Please login or register to see this link.