This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

MyIsaak

Show us your IDE workflow!

Hey guys its Isaak. Just wanted to know how to improve my productivity by exploring numerous IDEs with different themes (colour palette) and different addons(sidebars, debug highlighting, etc...). This should continue towards my research on efficient programming and hopefully I should be able to conclude: Best IDE for Unity, best theme, best optional addons.

I need you to contribute, by taking a screenshot of your IDE and any additional information on your workflow.

I'm not against anyone who uses visual scripting either, or some super user friendly solution. Everyone's welcome to post!

IDE common examples are monodevelop and visual studio. (Linux users love KDevelop).

Edited by MyIsaak

Visual studio dark theme just love it! No better one available! :3

g5w9aikt.jpg

• Like 1

Please login or register to see this quote. Can you please explain what is monokai?

Please login or register to see this quote. Thats interesting. Why are you using this theme? And what software is that? What OS are you using?

Please login or register to see this quote.

The theme is just nice. It's vim. I'm using Windows 7. Yes I know I'm a giant fag.

Edited by tomisy

Please login or register to see this quote. Does the high contrast theme help you in programming?

I'm Dyslexic so reading things like Black text on a White background is very difficult so the high contrast and bright colours in this theme overcome that issue as each letter stands out more. Also the vision in my right eye isn't very good but I don't wear glasses or anything so again having the high contrast helps me see what's written through that eye

• Like 1

I like the fuckin eye bleed themes. Makes me stronger every second I look at them.

No really.

Hmmm that's interesting to hear. Dyslexic programmers are awesome!!!!!

Is that link meant to be broken? lol

I have tried in the past different IDE but I prefer MonoDevelop which seems to me very clear. Also NotePad is good enough ++

Many people using unity prefer MonoDevelop as they trust its integration. But for me speed is the number one priority as I have deadlines, MonoDevelop is to slow and has a pretty shoddy intellisense, but, Visual Studio allows me to use ReSharper which is fast and accurate and always lists what you use most at the top, this means I can end code a hell of a lot faster.

NotePad has no intellisense at all and also no auto formating, way to slow.

I use Geany because it is a lightweight IDE faster than VS, as I am also a speedy type of programmer. Its linux based but I think one should be able to use it on Windows too.

Sorry mate. I did a mistake. It's NotePad++

I have the habit to close my posts with these chars ++ and unfortunately, it's not clear now :)

Please login or register to see this link.

I use Visual Studio dark like everyone else for Unity3D work, however, for anything else (which is mainl Node.JS, PHP, HTML and CSS) I use and love Sublime Text 3! I found an attempt at adding Unity3D support to Sublime, but it wasn't great so had to switch back. If I had full support for Unity in Sublime I'd definitely use that over Visual Studio