This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
4Echo

4Echo

Want to hear an introduction eh?

Too bad I'm telling you anyway.

I'm 4Echo, a game-artist with 5 years experience within the modding community specializing in texturing but can also do animating, modelling and sound design. I offer fair rates and wont do free work. I'm currently working at Xenova Games developing the game Squad force as the lead texture artist.

Previous work I've done? If you are a visitor of Gamebanana or maybe Eat3d you've probably seen my work before. But for you other people there's some pictures below.

Tigg's SA80 (wip)

Please login or register to see this link.

My own knife (never finished)

RedRogueXII's Spectre M4 +  ingame screenshots from Counter Strike Source (weapon mod WIP, gloves also made by me)

IVmyLife's Benelli M4 (Squad Force)

Knechrupert's EE-3 Carbine (Boba Fett's rifle from Star Wars)

ImBrokeRU's Ru556

mr.Rifleman's Ak74 animation (WIP)

Edit:

• Added my Ru556 texture render

Some more information about me:

Name: Alexander Jansson

Occupation: Full-time student at NTI secondary upper school with the major 'Information and mediaknowledge', freelancing at Xenova games as the Lead texture artist working on Squad Force.

Responsibilites: Admin at I3d, running and directing my own game modding studio called Darkside on Gamebanana working on mods for several source engine games.

Past work experiences: I had a short internship (two weeks, in sweden we call it PRAO) at Overkill studios.

Texture art-style:

When it comes to my art-style within texturing I mainly focus on esthetics, taking into account what the players should feel like when using the weapons when I add small details. I work with both photo-sourced and brushed textures with minimal use of plugins like dDo. Having created textures for over 5 years have given me a lot of experience especially in the normal shading work-flow (Diffuse, Normal, Specular and Gloss) though I have experience within Physically based rendering aswell as the classic "painted lighting" art style.

Animation art-style

Animation on the other hand would be a more stylistic approach that the usual "realistic ones", I have experience with rigs with IK and Biped setups; I prefer biped.

Sound art-style

With my sounds I focus on a cinematic experience than the generic realistic ones, I prefer cinematic sounds though I can also make "realistic" sounds if the client wants them.

Other info

I offer fair rates and focus on quality before quantity, if I'm not satisfied with my work I'll re-do it untill I'm 100% satisfied with it. I expect payment in the "pay per hour" style but can also be satisfied with "pay per work done". Prices differ between textures, animations and sounds after this formula and are all depending on the size of the workload.

I always log my worktime

Formula for textures

• 1-5 hours 20$
  • 5-12 hours 30$
  • After 12 hours the price increases by 5$ every 1,5 hours

Formula for animations

• 1-10 hours 15$
  • after 10 hours +2,5$

Formula for sounds

• Paid per work done, 2,5$ for each sound set

All prices can be discussed over email or skype.

Contact info:

• Email: 4EchoGB@gmail.com

//Cheers, 4Echo

Edited by 4Echo
  • Like 1

Welcome!
Some really nice work man, still room for improvement but still really good (the bar is set quite high here, this forum have some amazing 3D artists).

How old are you (if you don't mind me asking)?

Edited by Calum.McManus

Please login or register to see this quote.

I'm seventeen, and from what I've seen regarding the textures on this site: not impressed so far (haven't seen them all)

Edited by 4Echo

True not many people on here are texture artists, as it is not a full job role in the industry until you get to the big teams (in a regular role you would be a 3D artists and would be expected to be able to texture well), so they focus more on their modeling skills and learn to texture on the side. But I assure you there are some people on here with professional level skills (I would as a Professional full-time games and 3d applications programmer and work with professional artist on a daily basis so I can say they are at professional level).

I log my time, but if the client wants to really when I'm working they can add me on steam.