This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

multikill

Unity 3d 5 Beta Issues

Question

Hello everyone, I just recently converted my game project to Unity3d 5 (back up is on hard drive), but I have a few questions and issues:

- My render settings isn't showing up in the edit tab.

- My grass completely disappeared from the scene after I closed out of unity. (All the grass texture is still shown in the terrain hierarchy)

- What is this whole transport jobs stuff? It's taking forever to finish up. Ex: [7/11 Light Transport | 113 jobs]

It'd be a tremendous help if someone or someones can answer these questions and/or address these issues. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

1. Window -> Lightning

2. Are you using a terrain shader replacement?

3. Thats baking the scene. And yes it does take almost forever.

Baking lightmaps and GI dont work on terrakn properly now. To stop the process untick static for the terrain.

Please login or register to see this quote.

Well i do not believe I am using terrain shader replacement. Anyhow, I replaced my terrain with the backup terrain data I had saved the night before. Also, thanks for the tip on the lighting, however, I still think they should bring back the render settings.

Hey what do you guys think about porting unity 5 with Linux. I use Linux and I with previous problems with unity 4... 5 just seems like hell to me :d Has anyone tried Linux with unity b4?