This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

OcularCash

Weapon Wheel (GUI Weapon Selection) *Update*

*New weapon wheel. Place on any object in the scene and the variables:

Please login or register to see this code.

• Like 7

Nice work yet again, can't wait till you finish what your working on. It will be good

Thanks. I hope you guys like the update too. I was going to start accessing scripts while adding the other stuff but decided to wait so I can post a full 8 weapon wheel for people to use instead the 3 weapons as posted before. This will be the last update for this script but this should do the trick for anyone wanting a weapon wheel system.

It will be quite awhile before either of my projects will be released. As of right now I'm just working on functionality, I haven't even started animations, environment, audio, etc... These projects will be complete games and also completely open source and only available here

Oh man ! good work keep it up and i cant wiat for your game ..thank's for sharing your scripts for free !! it realy helpful and it guide me as i'm learning scripting thank you alot .

On the project or the script? I put the project on hold and bump a couple other projects. Just too much going on lately

OcularCash , i try to use the Weapon wheel with CODKIT , i adjust it for using the Weapons in the CODKIT , no i have some question and need some How to's !

1 - There are 3 Mouse Look scripts in the CODKIT , how should i disable them ?!

- i search the Docs and find this thing : Please login or register to see this link.

2- how could it be possible that Weapons automatically add/remove to the Weapon wheel when the player Pickup/Drop a weapon ??

Thanks in advance

1: Just adjust the timescale. I believe that is also how the console is setup in the CODKit aswell.

2: What your thinking of is a completely different system. Your thinking of a, basically, a create a class wheel. It's possible but will take alot more work than has already been done.

Please login or register to see this quote.

Close enough to paragraphing, congrats you have learned a 3rd grade English skill. So many lessons today @loftail.

Man I haven't seen this script in awhile. Can use a serious upgrade and shortening by using grouping but still works

I assume that you put this script on an empty GO without nothing else and you launched an execution :)

Do you have integrated all elements like textures and GameObjects?

This system is very old and not sure how well it would do in newer versions of unity. This was also created when I was still in the learning process of unity and unity script so it is still very ugly.

But to answer your question, put var before it. The reason is because for some odd reason, I didn't variablize colPreviousGUIColor

hi sir, i am new to unity an dont know much scripting. I was searching for this weapon wheeel everywhere finally found it here :P thanks for this . But the problem is that i dont know how to set it up in unity. If you can make a video or give me a doc so that i can understand it easily. And also something like this in unity :P adding to an existing project plzz help me sir. If you give positive reply then I think it will also some more noobies like me

The problem with this is that it's old so it uses the old GUI system (higher draw count). But all you do is drop it on a scene object and fill in the variables

Ya sir I have tested it out works perfectly :). But cant we use it with current transparent wheels? All the rings are attached to each other. Plz tell the new method :)

I'll have to find it later if I even still have it. It used to be in this topic but when the forum was hacked awhile back, that's one of the things that was lost