This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

zoki

[WTB] Unity 5 - Wegbl Games - Exclusive Deals

Hello to all,

We are interested in licensing (exclusive or non-exclusive) games which are done in Unity5, as Webgl games. In case you are able to have created games in older unity version, and you are able to port it to Unity5, but don't have the required license, we might help you with that in case the game is high quality work.

Providing samples are required, or playable version of your current work in progress.

Games which aren't viral, are prior.

I represent Y8.com and Network.

I'll check this forum quite often for the next few days/weeks, so feel free to write me a PM or leave a reply here.

Thanks,

Zoki.

Edited by zoki

If you are asking for us to take your game and port it to Unity 5 then export it, that's against the Unity 3D EULA.

Please login or register to see this quote.

No I think he wants us to make games in unity 3d WebGL and allow him to gain rights over them so he can use them on his website, I am slightly confused as to why but it also seems he is willing to help you get a unity3d 5 license in order to port games you have made from an older version of unity to it so it can be done in WebGL

I'm looking to sponsor/license Unity5 games. Paying certain amount of money for having the right to brand, advertise and distribute your unity game.

No, I wasn't looking for people to port older games to the newest version, but yes, if a interesting game is found and a possible deal is on sight, we might help (not buy) with the Unity 5 License.

Thanks for your replies. Anyone else interested in this?

Maybe you could describe everything in details? Especially about "right to brand, advertise and distribute" and "sponsor/license".
From info what you gave us, nobody will even take you seriously.

Yeah. I don't trust a "company" to take all rights to my game with no information on what will be received on my end specifically and what I will be all losing, especially when you're advertising this service unnamed.. I won't take my chances with a 'publisher' (?), let alone one that is extremely vague with very valuable information.

• Like 1

Next to zero information whatsoever.

Took a look at Y8.com. Looks like a subpar games portal. Honestly what advantage would Y8 have over, say, Kongregate or any number of other far superior looking portals?

I hope I explained above more details, but feel free to ask me anything else you have in mind. Why do you mention Y8, and what do you mean what advantage would have over the other sites? I think I explained that with "sponsoring/branding" games, but if you still have any doubts for taht, feel free to ask.

Thank you all :)

Zoki.

Depending of the game quality and genre, I could say a starting price from $300-$400 to neat 4 digit amount :)

Do you have any unity games, and are you interested in sponsoring them?

Sponsoring is much more then giving game and maybe receiving payment in return. It's heap of contracts and papers.

If you'd offer buying games and posting them on your site i would understand.

Sponsoring, is paying in advance, so in future (hopefully) earn from game itself.

But what is sponsoring for ready game? If it's advertisement or bind to your game site (so game would be available from your site only), then it's not sponsoring, but simple business offer.

Hi Young Developer,

I am interested in Sponsoring Games that involves Paying the devs and having Contracts and Papers signed.

Thank you for  sharing your Sponsoring Ideals and Beliefs in my topic...

Anyone that is interested in this, have created game(s) or is creating games in progress, feel free to PM me or write on-topic reply in here.

We require:

- webgl version and web player version

- adsfree games

- game which is branded with our brand

We offer:

- money

- wide game exposure

- game distribution

Thanks,

Zoki.

Okay, you're making a lot more sense now and seem much more reasonable.. but may I ask, why are you exclusive to Web games? I don't like web games, they are low res and generally have a lower fidelity in contrast to a standalone. I would probably take this offer up for my free to play game since there will be no income from it (like.. no micro-transactions whats-so-ever), however, all of my games are standalone and I have no intention to release any of them as a browser game.

Having web games is having retention of players and making money based on ads or other monetizing programs.

Having standalone games is having and selling a product.

I'm representing an online gaming website, which mean our main focus is having online games. Everyone has the right to think and do whatever he/she thinks is best for him/her. Probably you are right about the standalone games against online small games, but I'm afraid we aren't interested in that.

Thanks,

Zoki.

You don't need to make it for sale if it's free. I don't personally care for the game, but an example is Unturned. Completely free (excluding the gold/premium dlc which doesn't do really anything other than give you a gold name ingame and some extra hair colors or something), free to download, free to play, and if you don't include that one DLC, it has no micro-transactions. Maybe you could make on your website a section for browser and a section for actual downloadable games, but all still 100% free (i.e gamejolt)

Nothing is free in this world, Joey :) Thanks for your advice and suggestions, but actually I do not own the website which I represent, so it would be impossible for me to take actions like those.

Your terms are the same as on kongregate (except, that you want webGL)?

Please login or register to see this link.

Could we have the name/URL of the website to look at?

Does the full game have to be on the website, or just a demo of sorts?

Sorry.. the information is just very vague

Yes, the website, as mentioned in my first post, is www.Y8.com, feel free to check it. We are sponsoring full games, not demos, or games with locked (purchasable) in game content.

Joey, do you have any games to show, or you are just curious about my business proposal?

No I don't have anything to show per-se.. I have tech demos of what's in progress as well as the overall concept of the game, but nothing gameplay related I want to reveal yet.

You can message me for more info, however

Hey, thanks for explaining your thoughts. Messaging you for now would be pointless and time wasting, as you mention you don't have any game to show.

For everyone else, I'll be active throughout this week, however, so feel free to drop a reply here, or PM me. After a week or so, I'll assume there's no one interested in here, so I won't be active as much, but, I will respond to each meaningful PM i might receive.

Thanks,

Zoki.

Considering Unity5 is still in beta I wouldn't think many people 1. Have Unity5 and 2.Spent much time making WebGL games as it is still in development 

Thanks for your advice, Calum, however that is why we are interested in those games :)

UPDATE: Available budget for Multiplayer 3D FPS games, starts from few thousands :)