This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

OcularCash

Universal FPS Movement Animation Pack (Unity/Legacy)

25 posts in this topic

This doesn't include any models, just universal animations for movement of weapons. The pack includes Idle (Not Moving), Walk, Run With Scoped Weapon "LongRun", Run With Non Scoped Weapon "Medium Run" And Run With Pistol "ShortRun". Here's a preview of the idle, walk and scoped weapon run: Please login or register to see this link. To use, just create an empty gameobject and place it as a child of the weapon camera (or anywhere under the weapon camera) and zero out the position and rotation. Then move everything that is parented to the same object to under the new gameobject. Place an Animation component on the new gameobject and drop the animations onto it. Easy as that.

Please login or register to see this link.

17 people like this

i used to want to do this but for weapons like reloading, shooting etc... but you did it first...

anyway keep it up

The problem with that is there is no way to create universal weapon animations like shoot, reload, draw, etc... And them look atleast somewhat decent because of having multiple parts and none of the values are zeroed out. Player animations like this are 100% universal and can look decent because it just translates/rotates a single empty GameObject that contains its children. And because of that it can be used on any player at anytime within a matter of seconds.

Edit: fps kit and pfpsk also contain universal player animations. But I believe he used multiple GameObjects with different animations so it's bit more tricky to use them in any project because it requires more set up

By the way, if the animations sit too high or low. Just open the animation and you can add or subtract to the y position nodes. Just remember the value your adding to it. So if y is 0.1 on the first node and you add 0.1, and the next node is 0.2, remember to add 0.1 to that node as well or else the animation will be will funky

How about applying a weapon sway script? Wouldn't you need another child for that since the animation is adjusting position already?

Animations seem pretty nice, the walking animation is subtle, but very effective.

Ya, the GameObject for the animation should be strictly for these animations. No other type of movement should be applied to that object. Adding a sway would need its own object as well.

142 downloads, 5 likes and a handful of comments. Pretty sure I have more likes on the YouTube video vs the forum download

Please login or register to see this quote.

"Felt like premium content on my hands"

They look great (especially the walking animation)

Can't thank you enough for sharing this, great share! :)

Thanks everyone. Sorry, I completely forgot I had content in this section. Been awhile since I clicked on this section

Weapon moves into a different position :(. help?

Never mind, I forgot that to reset the values for the rotation and set them to zero. My bad.

Yes, it should work with any unity version. I always use these as placeholder animations for all my projects, even one I'm working on right now with the newest version of unity

This post may be old but good god these animations improved my game drastically. So glad I found this

Good, I'm glad it helped. It can bring a static player to life very quickly. The bad part is, besides this pack I made several years ago, there isn't (even to this day) really any other universal animations out there despite how many ppl could actually use them