This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

22 posts in this topic

In order to understand how networking works, and how communicating between computers, it is useful to learn the sequence of connecting to a server. It is convenient to use one server version of each scene in a Unity project and one client version of each scene. This is useful for when you want to separate the server and client applications from each other.

Connecting client and server

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Leave a like if you found this useful!

Edited by MyIsaak
30 people like this

First useful thread on Armedunity since a long while!

2 people like this

Thanks. This only explains the server-client connection sequence though. I am thinking of extending it to explaining RPC calls, and state sync. I might add the arguments in the functions as themars suggested.

Great tutorial bro,nice explained,also add RPC's and sending "packages" over network it really helps +1.

2 people like this

Thank for the tips. Recently I bought the GTGD on steam for 1.49 euro. I think it's the best tutorial to understand all of NetWorking on Unity. Maybe it would be better to cut some videos because they are too long (sometime 2 hours), but it's a really good package. This is my point of view ++

Please login or register to see this link.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the info. I also have seen his tutorials and they're quite useful. I've updated the tutorial adding NetworkView info

1 person likes this

Pretty nicely organized and well developed tutorial. Nice job. :)

1 person likes this

fukfukfk. ho lee fuk. thank you soo much, this is reallyreally usefull man. THANKS!

1 person likes this

Please login or register to see this quote. It gets better :) Ill be updating this tutorial in my free time. I had a request on an authorative server tutorial, not quite sure if ill get there yet because I still have to explain how state sync w

A very great tutorial that actually explains something. Nice work.

2 people like this

Wow thanks for pinning this topic. I put a lot of hard work into this, and Im only half done :P Thanks for the feedback guys luv y'all.

Yo yo Isaak you are genius amazing job and I love you <3 lol

1 person likes this

Please login or register to see this quote. Thanks for the feedback. I updated the tutorial again with state synchronizing and a bit of bandwidth reduction. Leave a like

now i know something about networking :P ty

1 person likes this

Please login or register to see this quote. Your welcome, leave a like if it helped :)

Added Authoritative server introduction explaining how it works, next ill be showing how to make a master server.

I don't see why not, unless if you're looking for a translation, might as well use Google Translate.

Thx man, I really wanted to understant Unity Networking Better .

PS:This isn't for UNet right ....?

Please login or register to see this quote.

this is for the legacy raknet system, if you want to learn UNET (which is recommended as its newer, better and up-to-date) theres a good interactive series here: Please login or register to see this link.