This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

jolo309

FP Dodgeball game(WIP)

55 posts in this topic

Please login or register to see this quote.

Well you can already somewhat do, you know sometimes the AI throws the ball at you, then you can just run to the left or right, you just need to be quick because the force is okay :)

Hey everyone, just want to tell you all that i'm still working on the game, but i can probably not do a update yet because my computer is going to be sent to repair soon, somethings wrong with it so they're going to fix it, hopefully not going to take too long. In the meantime i'm going to think of ideas on what i could do to the game, and probably also online will be available soon ^.^

1 person likes this

Alright! Sorry for so long break, but i just had to take a break, anyway.

I will go through the project and see how i can improve AI's and then i will add some other features, and then i will see what i can improve more,

i will also add some better graphics like a better level with better graphics and a ball with texture.

I need alot of ideas so just come with alot of ideas because i need alot of good ones :)

And sometime in the future i will add hands, and human models that runs around and throws balls(Which is the AI's),

but before i do that i need to learn to model better and learn alot about animations and rigging, and of course texturing

Add a crouch system. Thats my first reaction when a ball is coming towards me!

And I was also thinking at some slow-mo stuff.

It would be cool if you made a sporthall environment ( American high-school style, like you see on movies).

1 person likes this

Good ideas :)

But could you please be a bit more specific of the slow-mo thing, like when is it going to be slow-mo and stuff?

1 person likes this

Well, there are diffrent ways to do it. I am going to list them up:

- Pickups: every x minutes there spawns somewhere on the map a object. If you touch it time slows down for x seconds

- A bar: You can activate slowmo when pressing a button, slowmo will be active for x seconds and needs to recharge for x seconds

- When a ball is coming from your back (if he is not in your fov) and is x meters from you away, slowmo activates, so you now a ball is coming but you need to be quick cause you dont know where its going to hit you

- slowmo when hitting an enemy

- slowmo when you do some kind of dive (see maxpayne)

Hope you like some of these ideas

1 person likes this

A bar: You can activate slowmo when pressing a button, slowmo will be active for x seconds and needs to recharge for x seconds

- When a ball is coming from your back (if he is not in your fov) and is x meters from you away, slowmo activates, so you now a ball is coming but you need to be quick cause you dont know where its going to hit you

These looks the most interesting to me ^^

I will try to implement both or just one of them :)

1 person likes this

Hey the dropbox link is dead. If you need to upload webplayer you can upload it to dropbox in a public folder and copy the public html link and that should work. I used to do that.

Yeah, forgot i deleted the file :) Thanks for reminding me, i'll upload it again if i can find it :)

Alright, i've made changes. GUI is different, levels is shit right now but they will look better when i've sorted things out.

Ported to Unity 5.3 :)

Here is screenshots(Everything is not complete):

Main Menu:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Options:

VSBots:

Gameplay:

Pause Menu:

EDIT: Added download link in the main post, for version 0.07 :)

Next WIP update v0.08:

ADDED: Ability to dodge

ADDED: Character Selection

AI: Improvements

====================

About character selection:

====================

It is nothing where you can customize your character(I might add customization in the future),

it is basically where you select a character, one of them have more throw speed, while the others

maybe have more run speed. That's pretty much it.

I will add more stuff to the list, when i've made it :)

EDIT: I decided to make a character creation, so you can make your own character with stats you can add to on level up, and so you can name your own character :)

Here is how the selection looks like:

You have a funny taste in dodgeball names ;)

Haha, I chose them because they were the first to get to my head :)

I have edited the first post with some plans for the next few updates :)

I will release version 0.08 soon :)

1 person likes this

Added the new version v0.08 to standalone download, and if you find any bugs please post them :)

You can see changelog in the first post or in-game

I will add a WebGL version if I can get it to work :)

WebGL version has been added :)

But it has some issues. It only saves the character temporarily, and the main menu background is all pink, but it disappears when you start a level and quit it or the match is over.

To get the best experience, the standalone version is the best

hey jolo glad to see you are still working on your project.

Great job! The game certainly is fun, and reminds me of playing it!

With some more polish, this could be a really fun game.

Soon done with the Character Progression stuff :)

I have made some other stuff too.

A new ball model,

AI tweaks,

5 seconds match start countdown,

A new impact sound + fx when hitting players.

Better looking scoreboard (The one in the current version 0.08 was just a quick one, I didn't like it much, so I made a new one in v0.09),

Max level will be 8. I will increase it when there is more to spend points on :)

A more detailed changelog will be in the game's changelog menu

The v0.09 will be released soon :)

1 person likes this

Please login or register to see this link. has been released, standalone is in the first post :)

I will maybe add a WebGL version of v0.09 later, I don't feel like doing it right now. The standalone version is best though

The changelog in the game is more detailed than the one in the first post :)

How to get experience:

You get 25 experience when you kill an opponent,

You get 50 experience if your team wins

You get 25 experience if it's a tie

You get 15 experience if your team is defeated

I will of course increase the experience you win, are defeated or tie, in a later update. Right now the max level is only 8 and you get 1 point per level.

If you find any bugs, please post them here :)

Damn that's a lot of fun! Loving it so far!

1 person likes this

New plans. I will try to make Online available in v0.10 and then the shop in v0.11 :)

I will use Photon because it is free and uses cloud, and I'm sure I will only need 20 CCU for now. So it will probably take some time before v0.10 is being released.

There will still be offline mode(You vs Bots), and there will not be bots Online, maybe in a later update.

Haha and I have a weird idea right now, but that's a secret for now ;-)

So yeah, I have to change a lot of scripts to make them work online, so it will take some time :) I hope you will enjoy v0.10 when the time comes.

So excited! :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Okay, I have decided to make this my main project again :) I know I'm jumping between projects, and I hate that I can't just stay with 1 project at a time sometimes, but I'm trying my best to stay with this as a main project now :)

I have made some changes to the plans for v0.10. I won't make multiplayer until there's an interest for it :)

New plans for v0.10

• [PARTIALLY DONE] Skill system - You can unlock skills by using points(the same points used for stats). You can only have 2 active skills at the same time.
  • [NOT STARTED] Dodge improvements
  • [DONE] Small visual improvements
  • [DONE] Stat system rework
  • [PARTIALLY DONE] AI rework - I want to make the AI work with different rules in each mode(normal, and classic), and now they will have a simple animation to show when they are about to throw. Then I can use it for future games I'm going to make, to make it easier to make complex AI's :)
  • [PARTIALLY DONE] Classic mode - This is a new mode for those who love the good ol' classic Dodgeball :) To play classic mode you have to make a classic character. The classic character won't be able to buy or use skills, but you will still be able to increase stats

I think the skill system might add some fun to the game, and I'm going to improve the visual, and dodging :)

Edited by jolo309
Added prefixes to the v0.10 plans to show progress
1 person likes this