This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

jolo309

FP Dodgeball game(WIP)

55 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I'm working on a dodgeball game, but it is still WIP(Work in Progress)

There has been edits to the character code in v0.09, so you might have to delete the Saves folder to make it work 100%. It is in the directory where the exe is

Standalone Version: Please login or register to see this link.Please login or register to see this link.Please login or register to see this link.
WebGL Version:       Please login or register to see this link.

(The WebGL version has some issues. It only saves the character temporarily, and the main menu background is all pink, but it disappears when you start a level and quit it or the match is over. So to get the best experience, the standalone version is the best)

AI's are pretty stupid sometimes (Don't know a lot about making AI)

Controls

• Hold Left Mouse Button = Charge throw.
  • Space = Jump.
  • WASD = Walk Around.
  • Mouse = Look Around.
  • Left Shift = Sprint.
  • To pick up the ball, just walk through it.

Changelogs

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Plans for v0.10

• [PARTIALLY DONE] Skill system - You can unlock skills by using points(the same points used for stats). You can only have 2 active skills at the same time.
  • [NOT STARTED] Dodge improvements
  • [DONE] Small visual improvements
  • [DONE] Stat system rework
  • [PARTIALLY DONE] AI rework - I want to make the AI work with different rules in each mode(normal, and classic), and now they will have a simple animation to show when they are about to throw. Then I can use it for future games I'm going to make, to make it easier to make complex AI's :)
  • [PARTIALLY DONE] Classic mode - This is a new mode for those who love the good ol' classic Dodgeball :) To play classic mode you have to make a classic character. The classic character won't be able to buy or use skills, but you will still be able to increase stats

Plans for v0.11

• Shop - Spend in-game cash on new colors and other items for your character (I'll probably not make this, because you can't see yourself except for in the Character Creator/Selector. I guess it is kinda waste of time to make then)

If you find a bug or if you have any ideas, please post them 

v0.08 Main Menu screenshot:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by jolo309
Added prefixes to the v0.10 plans to show what has been done for the next update
7 people like this

lol cool fun game, if you made the ai smart and made the map like a court, it would be epic!

Nice game, if you could add a lock cursor option or something the demo would be better.

Please login or register to see this quote.

Hmm weird, i already added a lock cursor :/ I guess it is bugged. Let me see if i forgot to do something lol :P

EDIT: Yeah of course i forgot to make it true. Now it should be fixed

Not bad. I would like to see a sprint system though. The AI is actually pretty good. I like it soo far :d

i found if i move sideways and stand even an inch away from ai they wont throw the ball at me

Maybe it is fixed in the new update, because i fixed some bugs i guess because it feels less bugged in my opinion, also i added some new stuff :)

Please login or register to see this link.

I will make a level selector soon, so you can choose i think 3 levels :) Some bigger ones and with more AI's and then i maybe also do allies so it's like team vs team like team deathmatch. I add sprint too in the next update

An idea : Add a buildup mode where if you hit 5 enemies consecutively you get the ability to throw a superball which is really fast and use slower time for the effect.

I actually surprisingly had fun with this. Many more improvements need to he made but this looks pretty good and can turn out to be interesting!

1 person likes this

Soon i will release a update if everything goes as planned :)

Alright, i know it is a very long time ago since i last updated, but i started from scratch and it now got a cleaner code and pretty good optimization i bet, anyway. So i will probably release a update someday soon, when i have all the features back in again, like allies, combo, sprint, pretty sure alot of bug fixes too, and another feature that wasn't there before, like if the AI can't find any balls then it tries to get away from player.

Wow, probaly nobody would believe this but you don't know what just happend a few minutes ago!!!  :-O  :-O

My first match:

-Kill Limit was 3.

-Death Limit was 2.

I threw one ball at one red target (on full/maximum power/speed) and then the ball bounced within 3 seconds against the other target (#2) and then to the other target (#3).

It was unbelievable!

Anyway, it looks nice :P

Yeah, it's the old version :d The old version got alot of bugs, that's why i think it was easier to start again from scratch :) Now i use a different way for alot of things and i haven't seen a bug yet.

Alright, i just added something so it is more like real, which is if the ball touches the ground or a wall before it hits a enemy then it doesn't count as a death, but if the ball didn't hit anything before, then it counts as a death.

Probably easier to see it with your own eyes when i release the update :)

Added alies

Added sprint

Added combo

Also there's not as many bugs as there's in the old version, but there's one thing and that is i'm not sure how to make the AI's super smart but they're alright.

I will probably release the update soon, maybe today, or maybe tomorrow but hopefully today

Alright, the update has been released.

Controls:

WASD = Move

Spacebar = Jump

Left Mouse Button = Charge throw force

Left Shift = Sprint

P = Pause.

If you have a combo of 3 then you get a super ball on next pick up which is already charged 100% and have more force, also if blue team got 25 score then you win or if the red team got 25 then you lose.

If i forgot to add something and you find a bug, please tell :)

And sorry for it being a standalone build, but i couldn't find any free hosting services that allows you to upload files bigger than 10mb, so sorry i couldn't make a web version of the game :(

Also i'm sorry if some gui is offscreen, and if anything's wrong with the link then tell :)

Please login or register to see this link.

Yeah the AI's i'm not sure how to make them like crazy smart, if you could tell me where i should look to learn more about making AI's then please give me a link or a tip or something(Yeah, i already have been looking in the scripting reference, that's where i learned basic AI :) )

I see that the game improved quite a bit, although I have a few suggestions.

• Make the ball lower OR make it semi-transparent when holding it.
  • Found a bug, when the game is finished and takes you back to the main menu, the game won't start again.
  • Improve the AI and add some more sounds, like footsteps

I will take a look at the suggestions and make it right away :)

New update:

Added: If you pick up a ball then
the ball turns a little transparent.

Added: Main menu music(Just a basic one)

Added: Footstep sounds.

Fixed bug: After you played 1 game
and you start a new game you
can't move.

Wow,something unique on the forum, i played it for a couple of times, and it's really good. I really want to support you, but because i have no money the only thing i can do is to host your game on my server ... Send me the webplayer link you are interest

Anyone have any ideas? :) I'm running out of things to make :o

Please login or register to see this quote.

since the title is dodge, how about adding a feature to press a key at the correct time and dodge the incoming ball

New Update(v0.06)

Changelog:

AI Improved a bit

Now you can decide how much score is needed to win/lose

Need more ideas :d