This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

willywill

Chromatic Aberration

18 posts in this topic

Just plain full screen chromatic aberration. Apply this prior to AA for best quality.

Reference:

Please login or register to see this link.

Shader:

Please login or register to see this code.

C#:

Please login or register to see this code. Edited by willywill
4 people like this

I will check and see if this works as I wanted it to. Because the one in vignette didn't work at all even with blur set at 10. Thanks for sharing!

You know, I tried out the chrome aberration effect that was built into Unity and I'm not sure what it's used for...

It gives a nice distortion effect by shifting red and green color values or something like that.

Please login or register to see this quote.

Yah, I saw that but when will it be used? 

Any examples?

I used it so then when you get hit by a bullet, it distorts the vision.

Ah, I see I'll look into it. Seems like a good idea. I thought it was for making scenes 3D lol...

It could be used like that, if it has the right colors :P but I think using a shader specifically for the 3D thing.

Do you have Unity Pro or a graphics card that can support this shader? If not, it won't work.

But, if it's still not working, why not just use the vignetting shader that comes with Unity? It has a chromatic aberration variable which you can adjust to get similar results to this one.

Unity uses some weird unknown form of chromatic aberration. It gives completely different results, for the people having issues getting this running I need to see error screenshots so I can update the code to get it working

The shader is working fine, but dont change anything on scene, the other shader that come with vignette dont work too.

Most likely your graphics card doesn't support it so buy a new one.

hmmm... default Unity Vignette with Chromatic Aberration works fine and this one does nothing. I have a Quadro FX 4000 and am pretty sure it supports this (it's DX11). Other Chromatic Aberrations have worked too.  

A lot of my shaders only work for me. I use a really old Nvidia Driver and it works better than anything else, any other driver is slower or has issues, this one is perfect its 314.xx

this shader works amazingly well for me. I have only one question though... is it possible to apply this shader only on the blurry edges of Unity's Depth of Field? I'm new to shaders, so I wouldn't know how to do this. Technically, all I want is for the background to have the aberration.