This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Utaku

important
BEFORE YOU CREATE A POST (READ THIS!)

14 posts in this topic

NOTE: AS OF MAY 27th 2013, ANY POST THAT IGNORES THESE RULES WILL BE REMOVED, WE EXPECT AT LEAST SOME INFO/WORK

Here is a quick guide on how to correctly present yourself when recruiting team members. This post will give you a rough guide on what to do and what not to do.

The Title:

Keep the title as brief and as professional as possible without being confusing or lengthy. A good example would be 'team name' is hiring!

Payment:

Alot of people here make two mistakes when discussing payment:
             [A] Create false promises, (I.E saying the people will be paid from money they don't have but believe they will as they will create the next COD)
              Say "you wont get paid until after game is finished" ... this will immediately put most people off

A professional way around this is to put (Profit Share) in the title... this is all that needs to be mentioned about payment until they are on your team...

Previous work & Progress:

This is probably the most important part of the post:
it is important to give as much information as possible about yourself and your past experience, it is always a good idea to have atleast one game gone through the entire development cycle before you begin a team.. even if the game is worse than pong, it will all help people build up their trust in you to not drop the project...

Any progress already made would also be a bonus however, the reason you are setting up a team is to make the progress :P so I suggest that you dont put posts as 'recruiting modeler' but instead give them more of a managerial role as maybe founding modeler, its subtlety's like this that make the difference :)

Job Roles

Don't recruit more people than you need and ensure to hire the person with the EXACT skill set you need. for example dont hire a c# coder and expect them to be good at networking, or dont recruit a 'modeler' and expect them to texture and animate so just be careful... there is no real reason to have a texturer, modeler and an animator as 3 different people

Readability

Readability in this forum is crucial since you don't want readers (admin and mods as well) to strain their eyes looking at dark colors (dark blue, purple, etc) that blend in with the background of this forum. Making "rainbow" colors in your post tends to really make it annoying to read. Just leave it at basic colors.

An EXCELLENT example of a recruitment post can be found: Please login or register to see this link.

7 people like this

I'm Learning things already thanks Utaku haha cheers for the post 

no problem, glad to help :)

1 person likes this

Please login or register to see this quote.

Hey bro :) Welcome for you! Cheers to you since you signed up yesterday, and already paid for premium.

Welcome to the forums!

1 person likes this

Thank you for clearing that up Utaku! So many people were posting without showing work or they just simply asked you to join their team!

almost 2 hours later and a post with none of the above tips has been posted -_-    DAFUQ!?

LOL, just goes to show....Thanks anyway, I think these tips will increase the "employment" rate. 

p.s: I'm still going to call you GraphicStacks...:d

This should definitely be stickied, I'd make life so much easier for people reading, and also writing posts, plus those looking to join a team can get the necessary info right away, great job putting this together!

thanks! people still choose to ignore it though :((   lol

I agree for the sticky. There are lots of ignorant people creating threads without following these guide lines.

Or we could make the new topics pend for approval to see if it has those points before publish it.

1 person likes this

I agree I think that there are too many people you think that they can just pop up out of no-where, grab a few people and walk away...looking like a complete douche....

+1 for pending approval system!

*sigh* its a shame people are STILL ignoring this post... i give up...  :|

We just need a pending post approval system thing. If the admin and mods know how to do it.