This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

OcularCash

DAG Server "Drop And Go Multiplayer"

99 posts in this topic

Thanks so much i have been really confused by multiplayer and tried so many times, u have made it so simple for me :-BD

NP. Alot of people are very confused about multiplayer and all the tutorials have so much crap you have to do that is completely not necessary that frustrates many people to give up on multiplayer. I laugh when people have 30 variables and 300 lines of code just to connect to a server. I mean honestly, what is the point of entering port, players, type, map, blah blah blah everytime you play a game, it sickens me just to look at it. To connect to specific lobbies you should choose a game mode and that's it, besides connecting to a friend which should be done by using a friends list that is completely separate from the connect script and private lobbies should be done by invite and a notification center. Me personally, that's why I love console multiplayer games way more than pc/mac games. Because when I feel like getting drunk and doing some online head smashing, I don't wanna fill out a freakin' survey to do it and then have 70 controls when it only needs 6 and condensed to presses and holds with tons of crap scrolling across the screen lol. Sorry, gets my hyped just thinkin' about it lmao

1 person likes this

Great Code! i do have two questions though. can you explain the "ARM_UNI" part in the master server and with this script can you see the other players? ive alsways had that problem Thanks

PAULLUS

ARM_UNI is just the reference that you use to find a specific list. Most of the time, I just put a shortened name of the project I'm working on and I search that name for hosts. It's not the script that allows you to see other players, it's the networkView attached to the player that allows you see someone. So just make sure you place a network view on the instantiated player and when a player joins, you will be able to see the player on the network

wow cool! this is so amazing. your right...... all other tutorials are like fifty videos long or are hard to see. Thanks!

So then everything that interacts with each player needs a network view? like a raycast or bomb instantiated by the player?

PAULLUS

I dont understad where is servers? What is the host? And how to see server lists? I want to make like CS servers. My friends have servers hosted, and I can just search in list and connect to one of the servers.

This is for simple matchmaking while in production of your game. Because honestly, if your in production, you don't need a server list because nobodies playing it but you and one other person. Matchmaking will do the same thing and cut out all the info junk and is way less hassle. So if you are just now starting multiplayer and not even close to finishing the game, focus more on the game itself then filling out a resume to play a game, that kind of stuff can wait.

@Paullus - No, I just saw the pic one day when searching for something and thought it was dope, so I slapped a flaming dollar in the middle and called it good.

Wow nice gonna check it out, but first have to finish a decent gameplay before entering multiplayer.

It would be cool if it where photon compatible.

Less hassle with server creation.

Since you know about multiplayer stuff, do you know how i can use raycasts for multiplayer? i know at least that an RPC has to be called and then sent to the other player.

PAULLUS

This is awesome. 2 things. If I want to do this, do I have to put Network. for everything in every script??? Also, my "player" spawns randomly

Please login or register to see this quote.

so you put local or what it link to?

That's registering the host. Basically creating the server in simple terms. All the docs can be found in the unity docs

How do you make a shoot and damage script for this.  I have a shoot and damage system for single player but when i use it in multiplayer the other player cant see my bullets and they wont take damage.

Please login or register to see this quote.

Thanks I just needed a little help but I figured it out a month later.

Can you show us how to do simple multiplayer shoot please?   I've been trying for about a month i have moving and looking around and changing game objects transform like size with a shrink gun.  But when I use my shoot script without if(networkView.isMine) both players shoot and when I do use it none of the players shoot.  By the way thanks for the script.

I'm sorry I can't read that. It just looks like stretched out black boxes on my phone

Can you show us how to do simple multiplayer shoot please?  When I use if(networkView.isMine)  then none of the players are shooting and when I don't use it then everybody is shooting.  Please help.

I responded to that when you posted that here: Please login or register to see this link.

Thank you!!!!!! Would something like this work.  

Please login or register to see this code. Edited by georgemax

Yes I will but how do you give reputation.

I just tried my script but it didnt work.

Neither of the players will shoot.

Edited by georgemax

Is there a networkView component attached to the object that the script is attached to? When using if(networkView.isMine), you will need a Network View component attached. Yes, you have one on the player, but if your script is attached to a child of the player, you will need to attach another network view on that child object or use the first example I provided by accessing the player network view