This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
piankhy

What would be easier to learn

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well I have 2 different designs for a game i would like to do one is a sword fighting game from the first person perspective how the bushido blade series played out.

The other is a tps co-op/competetive game Like Kane & Lynch 2 cops and robbers mode with a twist.  

this is bushido blade

and this is kane and lynch 

So far I have only completed this years Merry Fragmas so I know I have alot to learn. Just want to get peoples advice on which one i should Actually attempt to do in terms of ease. I do have detailed Design Documents on both games cause i have been designing games in my head for like 12 years and writing the designs down for about 5. I am a intermediate programmer in c++ and java and so far making the transition to c# hasnt beed difficult. Any and all input would be appreciated

Edited by piankhy

Hi Piankhy. I think that you are setting the bar too high. Do you know how many people had worked on these projects - just for the design or the code? Don't focus yourself on a game or a project because you like it. You are always in an understanding process. This year you did the Merry Xmas tutorial, but it is just a trial for beginners. Be wise trying to do something easy - and progressivelly you will become a IndieDev. This is my point of view. I wish you the best ++

I loved "I have been designing games in my head for like 12 years" :)

Posted (edited)

Actually for 3d game ...I thing.. old sega game name ''Virtual On'' type refined game projects... will be more realistic for small teams or learning issue. make 3d games really hard  for one people you know... = creating gameplay, coding, animation, modelling, effects, art design etc... I tried before make different type 3d game 3-4 times but for one people, waste of time. Its basically suicide :) but you can make nice 3d game with small team. Minimum 4-5 people for 3d game... Artist-designer, Modeller, Coder and animator.

Be easy to learn... Bushido blade 

Edited by Mountains

Please login or register to see this quote.

Well I really just want to make a game that i want to play. I dont really care how long it will take or if a bunch of people play it, I'm not in it to make money if I do well that would be great. It's just I have been mulling over Ideas in my head for a while now and Drawing up these design Documents with detailed descriptions of the game play, I narrowed it down to the 2 I want to play most. 

OK. Show us some updates and news soon. As I said - I wish you the best ++

1 person likes this