This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
geckoo

Filters for free

6 posts in this topic

During these last months I created a bundle with more than 70 shaders - which are filters for camera. At start I were thinking to sell them on Asset Store for a few bucks, but finally I prefer to share them with you - and for free. My personnal situation is now really confortable. Why should I do more money? I said to myself :)

I struggled hard to understand basics and advanced code so as to create some good FX. The final result are good - and Please login or register to see this link. . I planed to share each week one or two shaders with some explanation and tips. I hope that you will appreciate them - like I appreciated to develop them. Take a look at the shaders section and if you like it - give me a feedback. Bye ++

4 people like this

Thank you for the stuff m8, but why didn´t you sell them for money? Extra money is not bad

In independent development, whether it be in movies, games, apps, etc... Sometimes money is not what you want. For instance, if i posted something in the request section, I'm more likely to get responses that are willing to do the work for free as to someone who sells everything they make instead of giving some freebies here and there. Money may help you buy a new pc, but connections can help you add things in your game that you wouldn't normally be able to add (bc updated hardware doesn't make better games, developers and friends do).

Please login or register to see this quote.

My work (bread and butter) has been changed - I have had a promote. The money which I could earn with some assets on store is just paltry. Also I have many other projects which I would like to propose for a GreenLight campaign during the 2017 year. Notice that I don't release immediately all those shaders - progressively I will share them so as to promote our forum and our community. It is my pleasure - and I hope that you understand my point of view, even if you don't share it ++

Please login or register to see this quote.

Understood m8, thank you anyway for everything that you posting on armedunity+++