This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

morten2808

Need some help for a idea for a new game

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

So i am stuck at the moment.

I want to make a simple game where you dont need to save that much like items and such. Like a wave survival game where you play till you die and you dont need to save there weapons and everything else they have on them. Anyone that have any good ideas as i have been sitting and thinking about it for hours now and cant find any good ideas :)

How about simple tower defense game where you are able to fight unlimited waves?

Edited by thenext2

Please login or register to see this quote.

Yea i should but i am looking for a game with items in it xD

Like healing pots and amor and other stuff like that.

But you can include them its your game you make the rules.

1 person likes this

Yea i could thanks mate :)

Will keep it in mind :)

Okay, I know this might sound illegal but its the only way to get the best game ideas....

Get high man.... smoke and then listen to good music and get inspired. Its totally a mature thing to do. I do it, people who created facebook did it, infact creating programming competitions where everyone takes shots was the norm. 

Have fun, Isaak.

3 people like this

Isaak isn't kidding man, he knows whats up. The ephemeral and esoteric ideas of this world are found within oneself and soul (though I really mean the mind lol), just as the physical manifests itself outwardly.

Your mind is merely a reflection of the outer. "This is the real secret of life -- to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play." -Alan Watts

Though, if you are not open to expanding yourself with psychedelics and consciousness enhancing material naturally of this world, I can understand. If that is the case by any chance, I may recommend a research topic?

Please login or register to see this link.

Anyway, moving on I'm willing to give you my personal go-to cheat sheet to a few things.

1. Go on walks, long or short - preferably with a pet, a person, and even just with yourself to soak up the energy of your own solitude. I prefer to go with friends on nature walks [with a notepad, and some glasses 'cause I'm blind AF and seeing the skyline on a mountain top is essential for the process personally, as you get to see the horizon of what you don't know yet].

2. Window gaze, either from home or a nice view in a coffee shop- where ever you fit yourself to feel the most comfortable in where your creativity may peak.

3. It's vital to indulge into the understanding and foresight of others' perspectives. Present your ideas and thoughts to your friends (open minded or not, rise above)!

4. I enjoy meditating to some nice ambience to get myself into my own personal wonderland playground. Feel comfortable with yourself, eat right, feel right, think limitless. But don't let that construct of thought misplace the light within you.

5. Follow the eternal, blissful child-like ember that rests in your chest. It will not fail you, my friend. I promise. Encapsulate your state of mind as a youngster and try to remind yourself how you felt and how you thought of things as a child playing video games. Starfox, Pokemon, Super Mario, Ape Escape, Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Dragon Ball Z, Destroy All Humans, Spyro the Dragon, The Legend of Zelda, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Vexx, and an infinite multitude more of these sorts of beautiful creations of the past all inspire my state of mind when consciously, cognitively and intuitively brainstorming ideas to bring into existence.

As Isaak said, and I quote:

PS: Learning is your best friend. When you find yourself in the position to be acquiring new information, data, or new model sets in your mind, try and incorporate it into your ideas! Expand your very existence out into the cosmos and you will never fail yourself. Knowledge and know-how is power, but imagination?... Imagination is ultimate reality. Surrender yourself to your own expressions. I wish you nothing but the best, and good luck! ;)

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

1 person likes this

This is maybe the most reductionist idea which I have ever read because it means that those who do not want to smoke weed are irremediabily unproductive, inneficient and tasteless. I am offended because I refuse to smoke or take another drug, and I want/hope/search to be productive without any substitutes. I respect you far too much, but I cannot share what you said - it is absolutelly wrong. However you pronounce a first interesting idea - the necessity to break free of some limits, clichés or rules, creating something new. Maybe that is the state in which the man is after drug's consomming, and which stimulates his thinking process in planning a project (and I hope that it is your idea), but the creativity doesn't need anything. Respectfully ++

PS : I know drugs - and it did to myself many bad things - nothing good. As they said - drugs don't work :)

3 people like this

i do really enjoy arcade top down survival shooters and i think that the angry bots demo does also provide a pretty good start for such a game (Y) 

i thought of something along the lines of this: 

Edited by Erarnitox
2 people like this

I am already working on a top down wave survival :) I have already made the building system and loadout system so it is pretty much a full game but models always fuck me up so i stop working on stuff as i am scared that no one will play it because the models aren`t A++ models :(

mhmm too bad to hear ... maybe check out the blender forums you might team up with somebody .... I might also be able to help out with smaller objects but im not a professional as well and also i got limited time atm. :( 

Edited by Erarnitox

Véner le gars xD

Something I really like and not seen (can only think of 1 game who's successfully pulled it off) is something like comix zone on sega genisis. Honestly if I wasn't already in the middle of a project, I would doing just that.

1 person likes this

That looks like a really cool game

2 people like this