This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Madmax

3d Character Designer (Serious project)

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am in search of an experienced or rising talent who can create fresh cartoon style 3d human characters for my upcoming racing game for mobile platform. I am in software industry for 3 years and now focusing on full time game development seriously. I can provide references (and all technical information for making it mobile friendly if required). Based on that you have to create ( total 7) characters (cool and funny car drivers).

The art style will be cartoon for example , say first you create head of the character and then create the middle body that is as tall as the head. And then you create the lower body of the character with the height of the half of the middle body. And that way it becomes cute cartoon character...  That's my observation I am not an artist after all :)

I am handling programing part of the game and my web designer friend is working on  our game's official websites and is asking for the game characters ASAP. That means as soon as we finish the character creation part I will put our official website and forum online. I will add your name into credits as well as open for rev-share options to the right candidate(s). If you are interested please let me know and message me ASAP.

Note:- Only serious people who can fulfill their commitment to the project are expected to respond. As we are serious about making it to the Playstore as soon as possible(possibly in next two months).

You can also directly s e n d  a n  e m a i l  to  c o d e r s . n e x t 2 0 1 5 a t g m a i l

Best regards.

- Madmax.

Edited by Madmax

Please login or register to see this quote.

It's only been a few hours. Being impatient with rev-share isn't the way to go.

No pay , no work. Very few people are interested in rev-share options and rightly so in this indie climate. 

Show us what you did during these 3 years in the software industry. You cannot imagine how many newbies have written the same sentences - like you today, and in fact, they didn't do anything - never...

Respectfully this is the first step if you want to be taken seriously. When I read your post, I said to myself "another one" :) I wish you the best ++

3 people like this

@Madmax download makehuman if ya want to survive the apocalipse... or not. 

Please login or register to see this quote.

He was so serious you know... he even forgot to check the post :d

:) I have not forgotten anything. I am just reading all response and will reply if  find something worthy to reply.

We are checking this thread regularly.

@Madmax to be serious here you don't provide any information about you and your game, also 7 Characters in an nearly undefined style (sry. but cartoon doesnt describe anything really) in 2 month ... lets see: 

-finding a style reference and also set quality reference

-design 7 characters

-modeling 7x lets say 1h if ur fast 

-baking normals + texturing and everything else related to material design ... lets say also 1-2h each 

-rigging should be pretty fast  lets say 1h total 

(-animations)

and you do think anybody would apply for this whithout knowing about ur team and especially doesnt know if he/she will ever get payed for it... well if you are serious about searching for a character designer you should at least provide some more information (maybe screenshots of your prgress etc.) and also guarantee for payment